The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Who are they? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheRock
View Profile
New user
Anderson, Indiana
95 Posts

Profile of TheRock
Who is most decorate (most awards) magician of ALL TIME, is it Lance Burton or David Copperfield, or is it someone else entirely, who?

Who are the top 10 most decorated magicians of all time?

What is the HIGHEST PROFESSIONAL MAGICIAN'S award you can hold as a magician?
Who hoilds it?

What is the HIGHEST AMATURE MAGICIAN'S award you can hold as a magician?
Who holds it?

irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
I can't answer your questions but in my opinion as nice as it is to get an award the real reward is being able to make a nice living doing what you really enjoy doing and would do anyway regardless of compensation.
It is my opinion that too often awards and publicity goes to the person who is not the best choice. Some of the best Magician's that I have seen perform make little money and probably don't have many awards and most of the Café' members would not recognise their name.
Dai Vernon was fantastic at what he did and so is Daryl, Martin Nash and the list goes on and on but most folks (not Magician's) would not have a clue to who these people are.
Ask John Q. Public to name all the Magician's they know of and the list would be very small. David Blaine, David Copperfield, Lance Burton, Houdini and Both Blackstone's would probably be the only names on the majority's list.
Good question but really not very important in my opinion.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
There are as many "awards" as there are magicians, and some of the top pros do not have any of those awards. Certainly the FISM awards carry some influence, people like Daryl Easton, Michael Ammar, Lance Burton and others have won those. Lots of awards from various competitions in state, and national organizations such as T.A.O.M., I.B.M., and S.A.M. Then there is the Academy of Magical Arts and Sciences (The Castle). Mark Wilson was magician of the year twice in that group and as I recall he along with wife Nani and son Greg were "family of the year" once. There was Magic Magazine's ten most influential magicians of the 20th Century, which included Mark Wilson, Lance Burton, David Copperfield, and others. It would be hard to say who was the most decorated, as well as who has the most respected and influential awards, as the "value" of any award is in the person giving it value.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Politicians should be awarded with something...i mean how can they make such huge amounts of money and simply make everything disappear! Smile
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Who are they? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL