The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Bally (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
I am highly interested in the art and skills of the outside talker. Are there any good references or scripts to learn this talent? Smile
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Go to Sideshow World and listen to some great audio for free:

http://www.sideshowworld.com/Blowoff.html

I liked Jack Nyberg's Jam Pitch so much that I put it on my iPod and played it in rotation with music until his expert cadence and the structure of the pitch filled my being. Cha-ching!

There is some inspirational bally at Johnny Meah's site:

http://www.czarofbizarre.com/

You have to poke around in there to hear the different audio clips, but it is well worth it. Terrific art, too!

Yours,

Paul
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Thanx, Doc! You know, I have been to that site several times (learning more history than anything else, really), and I have never come across that section. Great stuff! Thank you again. Smile

David
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
David, Im putting together notes of my experience. I send you a copy when Im done.

Heres one that has worked for me:

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please gather around the stage. Another FREE show is about to begin. That's right we will be featuring a live free mini show on this stage right here in 30 seconds.

We can't block the midway, so gather down and gather around.

L and G Please help me welcome Iron Tongue Spike to the stage. Spike is one of our freaks that we'll be featuring inside our big top show inside and he's going to be demonstrating one of the strange feats you'll wittness inside.

Spike was born without pain recpetors and inside you'll see him lift a 15 pound bucket of concrete using his tongue, his wife will cut vegtebles off of his bare chest and MORE! Live and INSIDE!

<<Start Free Demonstration of what have you>>

All the strange freaks, oddities, and strange curiosities mentione on the banners in front will be featured live on the inside. That's right! Everything from screwy lewy who .... to Fat Freeda who will.... They are all performing live and inside. Look inside that's little lenore jumping on stage right now. That means there's less then 1 minute left to show time.

Ladies and Gentlemen, if your in line youre in time. We're dropping our price in half today and today alone. Being Family day we thought we would help the families out by.............................."

All of this will be in my book plus 2 other pitches featuring LIVE video of 3 ballys and blow offs! Gaffs, secrets, and business sense all LIVE and INSIDE my new book.

Pre Order now and I will discount the price. The book is ready for printing and I am looking for a DVD reproducer so I can make the DVD's cheap enough. That's right ladies and gentlemen for the discounted price of $40 you get a Book and DVD combo that features color pics and video of all the acts and curiosities inside of REAL side show as well as pitches, gaffs, alternatives to expensive gaffs, and the real work on the side show. Email me if you're interested.....
drzodiac@gmail.com

Scott
Utah Showmen
View Profile
Regular user
Utah Showman
135 Posts

Profile of Utah Showmen
Check out the Blow-Off on Sideshow World, There is a section that has audio clips of Bally. Some are from this season others are for years past.

If you will check ebay search circus sideshow, circus freaks, circus freakshow etc. you will find a seller that has a CD called Sounds of the Midway. It has some great bally on it.

There really isn't any scripts a good Talker just know how to build a tip and work them.

I agree with Paul, Jack Nyberg's jam auction is really good and will give you some great ideas.

I have many recorded ballys and have or will post clips from a lot of them on Sideshow World.

Good Luck in your quest,
John Robinson
Sideshow World
Preserving the Past....Promoting the Future of the Sideshow

Step Right Up It's always Alive on the Inside of Sideshow World

So Go In Now!
Utah Showmen
View Profile
Regular user
Utah Showman
135 Posts

Profile of Utah Showmen
Here's the name of another CD, on ebay.

SIDESHOW - FREAK SHOW SOUNDS ON CD - Carnival Ballys
John Robinson
Sideshow World

So Go In Now!
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
I'll have to send you a 30 second promo clip that I am compressing for jeff murrays web site that has a great bally in it.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Dr Wilson or Utah Showman,

The Jack Nyberg jam pitch on Sideshow world, how long is that? I listened, it seemed like it was only a few minutes long. Did I miss something? I'm a fan of the "gee whiz kid" myself and would like to hear a longer version.

Vandy
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Well guys,I worked with Jack Nyberg in Vegas back in the late 70's and early 80's and a few spots on the road with him building tips.I also worked other Jam Auctions around the U.S.building tips.What a bally it is!
My new DVD Whit Haydn is working on is all about the Jam Auction and building tips.Whit filmed me on Hollywood blvd.Easter Sunday building tip after tip for busking.But once you know how to build a tip you can do anything with the tip you want,sell,jam,perform etc.
It should be out in about a week.I'll be sure to let you all know.
Later,Don
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Vandy,

You are right, it is only a few minutes. But just as a tiny grain of sand is enough for an oyster to grow a pearl, you can make something out of it. At Don's recommendation on another board, I have ordered, and am eagerly awaiting, "The Gee Whiz Kid" on video, and when Don's new DVD is available from SfS, I will jump on that too.

Yours,

Paul
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Paul,

Thanks to Don, I also have the "Gee Whiz Kid" on video. If you liked that little clip on the sideshow site, you are going to love that tape. I'm also looking foward to the tip building DVD. I will be ordering as soon as it's available.(hopefully soon). Hopefully, I can get Mr Driver to autograph my copy!!

Vandy
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
For an extra $5.00 I'll autograph anything(except a blank check)....one sold over there...another over here...another back there...
hehehe...
Later guys,Don
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Looking foward to this one Don Smile If its from you, I KNOW its going to be great!

David
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2005-08-31 11:59, DonDriver wrote:
For an extra $5.00 I'll autograph anything(except a blank check)....one sold over there...another over here...another back there...
hehehe...
Later guys,Don

5 bucks huh? Throw in a two card monte and you got a deal.
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Two card monte....didn't I already give you a two card monte ? Only one free per mark...
Utah Showmen
View Profile
Regular user
Utah Showman
135 Posts

Profile of Utah Showmen
Don,

If you would like I would be more than happy to post a review of your DVD on Sideshow World. Let me know or contact me off group jrobinson@hubwest.com

Also I have an hour of Jack's Jam Auction on CD and will be posting more clips on Sideshow World.

It's great and the Gee Wiz Kid is a great video.
John Robinson
Sideshow World

So Go In Now!
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Hey John,
Thanks for the offer.I'll be in touch.
Don
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Quote:
If you will check ebay search circus sideshow, circus freaks, circus freakshow etc. you will find a seller that has a CD called Sounds of the Midway. It has some great bally on it.

I am the publisher and seller of the CD, and you can get a discount price for it at
http://www.goodmagic.com/websales
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Quote:
On 2005-09-06 03:16, rossmacrae wrote:
Quote:

I am the publisher and seller of the CD, and you can get a discount price for it at
http://www.goodmagic.com/websales

WHAT!? WHAT!? WHAT!? Well gee Ross, that caught me by surprise. I have one of them and didn't know you were the evil master mind behind it's production. Great job.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Bally (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL