The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Thru Other Eyes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Skitch
View Profile
Veteran user
Philadelphia
400 Posts

Profile of Skitch
Does anyone use this effect? Can anyone review it?

Effect:
Three incredible impromptu Close Quarter Psychic Effects, that require no advance preparation or special apparatus. Do them Anywhere - Anytime, even on a Live Radio or T.V. Audience!

Thru other eyes are three superb psychic effects that I have had the pleasure of working on many occasions. All of them can be performed completely impromptu and without any special apparatus or advance preparation whatsoever. They can even be performed live on the radio or T.V. or from your web site, allowing all the listeners/viewers to participate.

For example, you instruct your participant(s) to remove three different value coins from their pocket or purse. These they lay out in front of them on a table or other flat surface. You turn your back and you can even be genuinely blindfolded.

Now you instruct the participating spectator to place the 3 coins into any order they choose. The coins are then moved and changed about, in such a way that it becomes clear that you cannot possibly have any idea of their final order.

Still with your back turned and no peeking, you instruct the participant to take one coin in his left hand, one coin in his right hand and leave one coin on the table. He is to concentrate on the tabled coin.

With no questions asked - you immediately name the tabled coin - but then incredibly go on to correctly name the coins in the spectators left and right hands.

Remember: No peeking! No Stooges! No advance preparation! Do it anywhere at anytime!

This fascinating booklet also explains possibly the most wonderful telephone card trick EVER! Together with another exciting E.S.P. presentation, using five objects taken from the participant's own pocket or purse.

The effects are very easy to do. They are ideal for impromptu performance as everything used can be borrowed. No memory prompts or similar are required. All three effects can be performed over the telephone, by Email, on a Radio or T.V. audience and even from your own website.

It's by MidKnight Magic by the way. Any comments would help, thanks...... Smile
§kitch
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
It's a previously published effect (although I can't remember where right now).

I do remember that similar version involving dinner silverware (knife, fork and spoon) was published in a past issue of Syzygy.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Allen Gittelson
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco
145 Posts

Profile of Allen Gittelson
I reminds me of, and seems likely to be, similar to an old principle that is generally attributed to Bob Hummer. I've seen numerous variations on it by others.

In thoughts,
Allen
poire
View Profile
New user
UK
58 Posts

Profile of poire
<The coins are then moved and changed about, in such a way that it becomes clear that you cannot possibly have any idea of their final order.

Not quite true: I can't say too much but there are some rather suspicious requirements for the order of the coins...

<This fascinating booklet also explains possibly the most wonderful telephone card trick EVER!

Not true. Contains a fascinating advert for the effect, which you can buy from Mr Burke, not the effect itself.

Some terrible syntax too throughout the booklet, if this sort of thing worries you.
DarkKnight
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of DarkKnight
Hi,

I run MidKnight Magic and although we sell the effect it is actually published by Eddie Burke. I won't really comment on the effect as obviously we have a vested interest, but we do use it in our own professional routine although we've changed it a bit to suit a large stage presentation.

Richard.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
At £15, I think it's a bit overpriced.

Especially considering that the basic effect can be found in several books already, most of which cost the same and include many more effects and ideas.

Heck, as far as I'm aware, it's probably in Tarbell...

:firedevil:
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Thru Other Eyes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL