The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Seeing is believing » » Pseudoscope (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Andrei
View Profile
Veteran user
Romania
353 Posts

Profile of Andrei
I wonder if anyone could provide any additional info about how http://www.grand-illusions.com/pseudoscope.htm works. I've searched for mentions of it on the forum and come up with nothing. Martin Gardner apparently liked it.
Any ideas about how this works, not mechanically, but what the illusion is like etc.

Andrei
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Well, read the description again. It just alters the way you see things: back becomes front etc. Its just an optical illusion for personal amusement-though you could use it in magic as well as some sort of "magical binoculars" and possibly cards or something. At 499 sterling its a bit pricey...
Sent from my Typewriter
Andrei
View Profile
Veteran user
Romania
353 Posts

Profile of Andrei
In a narrow-minded sort of way, I have a mildly difficult time imagining front becoming back. I can see why it'd happen, I just have a very hard time picturing it in my head. Also, I'm not familiar with how this ACTUALLY is accomplished, but I think producing a slightly larger version of the illusion MIGHT provide larger-scale amusement, that is to say, if the people looking through the binoculars weren't realizing they were looking through binoculars, which might be impossible.

Andrei
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
That looks like lot of fumn to play with. I'd love to have one in the magic room of my house to show my guests.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Seeing is believing » » Pseudoscope (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL