The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Appearing lady (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ChrisZampese
View Profile
Veteran user
Hamilton, NZ
341 Posts

Profile of ChrisZampese
Any man's favourite idea!

I work with only one assistant and feel I owe her a good intro so I have been working on the following presentation:

Magician comes on stage, makes two canes appear which then float to about 7 ft apart on stage. Magician pulls bright silk out from one cane (silk about 2ft/7ft) and attaches it to the other. A bit of a flash and the silk drops revealing the floating assistant.

I like the ideas and have the techniques sorted out, but I feel like the presentation is lacking a little edge. Any ideas?

If this is the wrong sort of post for this forum/topic please let me know -
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Perhaps have a silk screen of your assistant on one side? Produce the silk (blank side), turn it over showing the picture & then reveal the floating assistant.

Just an idea Smile

Smile
ChrisZampese
View Profile
Veteran user
Hamilton, NZ
341 Posts

Profile of ChrisZampese
Ahh, the professional touch, attention to detail and all that. It might be just the sort of addition that I was looking for.
Thanks Ichazod.
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
You are most welcome, the effect sounds great! Smile

Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Appearing lady (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL