The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Who has the best Scotch and Soda? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
trevelyan
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of trevelyan
I have had many different Scotch and Soda sets over the years and I found that the Johnson set has the best cut and fit.
timski523
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, England
226 Posts

Profile of timski523
Hi I'm a newbie here, love this forum, I have spent to long looking and not taking part, also to long on forums not as good as this one, also where people seem to be a bit'unhelpfull' snotty, rude etc. BUT not here!

I would like to say a big thankyou to Bill Palmer, after reading this post I emailed him and he was very helpfull and the link to S and S is great! so thanks I am praticing it now!

Tim
rsylvester
View Profile
Loyal user
Trying to learn to BP a duck in
269 Posts

Profile of rsylvester
I have a Johnson set that I bought a couple of years ago and it works great, so far. The gaffed piece fits together so well you can even hand it out for inspection afterwards. I'm afraid of spending it. But I'm going to keep an eye on it, because it sounds like it wears out and may need some gentle tapping. Great advice.

I also bought the Bobo book, because it has several routines in there, including silver and copper effects that don't use trick coins. I found a transformation routine that uses *regular* coins. I adapted it using the Johnson set to make the coins jump back and forth between hands. Using the Scotch and Soda set allows me to do more effects. Then I end up a silver and copper coin in each hand, finishing clean. Or you can make them all disappear at the end. The result is a whole routine and not just a single trick.

Note: you have to have a *real* copper coin. I noticed one didn't come with the set, as it used to. Luckily, my dealer had one.
majik_1
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of majik_1
Who sells the Johnson "Scotch and soda"?
rsylvester
View Profile
Loyal user
Trying to learn to BP a duck in
269 Posts

Profile of rsylvester
Mine came from Stevens Magic. Here's the listing. They also sell the solo Centavo to go with it.
kcquinn50
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of kcquinn50
You can also go direct to Johnson's site:
http://johnsonmagicproducts.com/shop/

And I've found Scoop's Magic shop to have very good prices on Johnson coins.
http://www.scoopsmagicshop.com/main.sc

Magic warehouse has good prices and large selection of Johnson coins.
http://themagicwarehouse.com/?gclid=CL2A......odmSPAtg
Kelvin
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Does anyone produce S&S in the Morgan DOllars?
Tommytallica
View Profile
New user
uuuh jeg har skrevet
95 Posts

Profile of Tommytallica
robbyrob
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
66 Posts

Profile of robbyrob
Hey Kyle,

I have one of these Morgan sets that Tommytallica pointed out from Jamie Schoolcraft. Iw would defiantly say that they are very well made. I would say easily as good or better than the Johnson sets. Only complaint I have is the bang ring was made from uncut PVC pipe which I thought was a little cheesy, especially for a $350 gaff...

Rob
polygonsmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of polygonsmagic
I think Lassen is keeping his prices below Schoolcraft these days, which is amazing because he goes the way extra mile with nice brass bang ring AND far superior and time consuming infinity edges.
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
Bill shared his S&S routine with me at WMS as well as some other gems. A true inspiration to the art..I had to run back to the room and grab some coins! Long live Mr. Palmer!!!

I think all the bases have been covered on where to get a great set, but there ARE a few amazing things you CAN do with a gaffed set that don't follow the traditional routine...
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
790 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
Quote:
On 2011-03-13 15:17, polygonsmagic wrote:
I think Lassen is keeping his prices below Schoolcraft these days, which is amazing because he goes the way extra mile with nice brass bang ring AND far superior and time consuming infinity edges.

I agree with this comment...I just received a 1921 Morgan S&S from Todd...came with a beautiful brass bang ring, as well as the little JOL wallet to keep the coins in great condition. Excellent craftsmanship as always...and also cheaper then schoolcraft...
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
School craft and lassen are great craftsmen I have some of both but don't forget roy kueppers his work is outstanding also.and the price might surprise you.
maxnew40
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of maxnew40
I just ordered a Kueppers scotch and soda with the English penney. I have the English penney TUC also and I was thinking of using the scotch and soda to do a vanish and production from impossible location, producing the TUC and then using the TUC for another effect.

-Max
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
790 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
I have a Johnson half dollar scotch and soda...same set for over 20 years...still works great...just picked up a Lassen 1921 scotch and soda...a bit pricy but WOW worth it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Who has the best Scotch and Soda? (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL