The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The "new" Robert Baxt Newspaper Tear (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Has anyone seen the new Paper Tear "gimmick" by Robert Baxt that runs an astonishing $95.00?

Is it worth it? Is it as effective as the ads say it is?

What are the advantage of using this version over Gene Andersons or Neil Foster's Center Tear? (other than the quick set up time touted by the ads for this new version...)

I don't know guys, Either it has to be the greatest thing since the thumb tip or I would have to get pretty "ripped" to spend that much on a newspaper tear...
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Hello Lyndel
I would like to know about it also. I have been doing the "wire" thing for years and would like to have something that is easier to set up. Sounds like it may be close to the other method that is out there. The one that uses PM.

Ray Noble
Lakeland FLorida
FTAMagician
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of FTAMagician
I'd just LIKE to see a video clip of it being performed!!!
Dr Dark
View Profile
New user
North West UK
55 Posts

Profile of Dr Dark
I could be wrong but it sounds just like Tony Stevens 'NoTear'Torn and Restored Newspaper. A great effect which does all that this boasts and only costs £12 ($20) available from JB Magic.
please correct me if anyone knows different.
All the best,
Doc.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I would like to see it also
Joel Bauers torn and restored news paper is going to be hard to beat.............
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
stevenamills
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of stevenamills
Just saw Hocus Pocus has a video on their site.

Frankly, I was a little disappointed.

Later.....
Steve
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Robert performed it today at Hollywood Magic. It allows you, after you've done the folds in the paper, to get in and out of the set up in a matter of seconds. You do the standard Gene Anderson effect, but if you have another paper folded you can then move the gimmick over to that one and be prepared to go in a short time. It looked good to me, but you have to judge for yourself if it is something you need to have.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
highmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Profile of highmagic
Probably this is a version worth its price only to professionals performing the Anderson routine, but striving for a quicker setup
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1296 Posts

Profile of DJG
<<Probably this is a version worth its price only to professionals performing the Anderson routine, but striving for a quicker setup >>

That's EXACTLY the point. If you do the effect, and want something easier to set/reset/durable, then it is WORTH the price.

I have it, and love it! Money well spent!
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Smile
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The "new" Robert Baxt Newspaper Tear (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL