The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Goya bean from eye (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicpro212
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of magicpro212
I have been experimenting with this effect for the last day where the bean comes out of you're eye but the thing is that Iam doing it with reading any instructions just seen it on the Mark Spelmann dvd, and suggested that you shouldn't even do the trick because it's dangerous.
Now my question is how so can it be dangerous? Can it get stuck in you're eyes and never come out? Will it go really far down my eye and get stuck there...Iam just of bit neverous about it so I would be intrested in like a worst case senerio kind of thing that can go wrong or if its safe...
Any answers will be appreciated
jiggyjer
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of jiggyjer
Youre putting something in your eye...THINK ABOUT IT. Are you a performing magician...not to be rude but I doubt it because if you were you would already be aware of this very old effect and would have some idea of how to go about researching it. I don't say this to be mean but just to make a point... If your just performing this for freinds and familly is it really worth the risk. And if you are a performing magician do you think your eyes can take the strain of doing this a dozen times a night. I would also mention that some objects are more dangerous that others when putting them in your eye. Anything with a scratch on it or protrusion--like a corn kernel-- has the potential to scratch your eyeball.

Please be carefull and reconsider this one.

J
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Well, beans ARE food,, and not just for you. They are not all clean and packaged like a number of other foods, and they can harbor chemicals, grit, and other things to irritate and injure the eyes. If you have considered these things, and taken action to alleviate their unpleasant consequences, you will certainly have reduced the amount of damage you might do.

I would still urge great caution on this one, remember you only get one set of eyes.

Take a few moments and look in a book on the anatomy of the eye, you should be able to see where and how things can get stuck within the eye socket, behind the eyelids, and around the eyeball.
k
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Ghoulchaser
View Profile
New user
CT
26 Posts

Profile of Ghoulchaser
On his "Geek Magic" DVD, Tomas Medina shows a similar. safer effect with a Tic-Tac and without the risk....
Mike F.

Owner

Ghoulchaser Magic

www.ghoulchasermagic.com

"Living is not the number of breaths you take, rather the number of times your breath is taken away...."
magicpro212
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of magicpro212
Is it really that?
if it is why wiould people even do it to begin? I did try and it didn't bother me to be honest with you.
I just wanted to know if there is a chance that it can get stuck in you're eye or something that you will have to be admitted to the hospital for.

I'll see what ill I can find on his effect.
Caveat Lector
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Caveat Lector
I have performed the popcorn kernel stunt many times on national TV and it has served me well. If you are doing this just to do something new then I suggest you don't waste your time. This effect is somewhat safe, but you are putting a foreign object into a very sensitive place. If you are interested in learning this effect I would say that you should PM me and I will discuss this further.
Corrupting the art of magic, one show at a time
www.underworldent.com
www.myspace.com/johnshawcomedymagic
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Magicpro212 : if you are really (and I mean REALLY interested) go get the Swami Mantra book by Sam Dalal. but PLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSSEEEEEEEE BE CAREFUL EXTREMELY CAREFUL. cant emphasize enough on how careful you should be (and I wash my hands from this thing!)
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
I did this on a tv cable special in Starbucks with a coffee bean... now I don't know if it was the buzz of performing on film or the fact that I put a coffee bean in my eye but I felt like I had a big caffiene kick afterwards...
You should have seen that barristar squirm!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Goya bean from eye (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL