The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Giant production coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Ichazod and I saw some of the really huge pure silver production coins a few months ago.

These were very very cool. When you bring one of these suckers out and drop it on the table...kaboom! Everyone in the room takes notice!

Available at most coin shops, price based on current market rate of silver.

Anyone else seen or used these? Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
In one of the collections/estates I've purchased over the years, I found a HUGE metal copy of a Morgan Dollar. When I say HUGE, I mean it. It's not one of those magic shop/Stuckey's type coins, this one is solid metal, about 3/4" thick, about 4"-5" across...man, talk about a "Clunk" when it hits the table...has anyone else seen one like this? It's an incredible duplicate of the Morgan. Think I'll use it somehow as a finale for U3F when it arrives. I'll come up with something.

Steve Thomas Smile
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Steve, I know the one you speak of.

The giant coins I'm talking about are "pure" silver, the real mccoy, only in giant size!

These coins are measured in Troy ounces.

Smile
Cliff
View Profile
New user
Warrington, England.
73 Posts

Profile of Cliff
I use a normal large coin at the end of a hopping half effect, but what I’d really like is a large old english penny to give me a double climax. Have you seen one of these anywhere? Smile

All the best

Cliff
All the best

Cliff
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Nope, can't say that I have. Ichazod? Dorian?

Steve L? Smile Smile
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
as far as I know they don't exist.

Sorry,

Dorian Smile
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi Steve,

I have some five inch coins I got from Sasco magic, some time ago.

They are for my thanks to Kapps Two coin silver-brass routine from my stand-up book. I end the routine with the production of the two 5 inch. coins from A Hank.

Best David Neighbors

The Coinjurer
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
MikDB
View Profile
New user
UK but now Seattle USA
7 Posts

Profile of MikDB
Here's a tip if you're after the 3 inch giant coins, rather than buy them expensively from a magic store try a souvenir shop. Here in Seattle rather than pay up to $5 for them I go to "The Olde Curiousity Shoppe" on the waterfront and get them for $1.99 each! So shop around, maybe you know someone from England who could look around for some giant English pennies.
AndiGladwin
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
587 Posts

Profile of AndiGladwin
I picked up a load of jumbo coins from a small shop in Vegas. They were something like $1 each, and exactly the same as dealers sell. I only wish I bought more now!

Here’s something I recently posted at KJMagic...

Something I used to do when I was at school was to stand in a queue at a drinks machine fiddling with a coin. Those around me would notice and when it was my turn at the machine I’d go to push the coin into the money slot and change it so that when the coin reached the slot it had turned to a jumbo coin. I’d look around and say, "Sorry, you haven’t got anything smaller have you?!" As I’d show them the jumbo coin. It’s a nice piece of situational magic that I think works best when people know you’re a magician... either that or there’s a cute girl standing behind you in the queue Smile

--Andi
Steve Landavazo
View Profile
Special user
Northern California
654 Posts

Profile of Steve Landavazo
Haven’t seen any jumbo English Pennies!

Steve
Courage is the willingness to be afraid and act anyway!
AndiGladwin
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
587 Posts

Profile of AndiGladwin
I’d be happy to look around for jumbo English pennies for you. I haven’t seen any before, and in fact am waiting for someone to release jumbo English coins. I do, however seem to recall seeing some plastic ones - I’ll keep my eye out in the future!

--Andi
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Giant production coins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL