The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Ideas for my show! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NUNO
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
20 Posts

Profile of NUNO
Hello!

I'm a portuguese living in Switzerland and I'm looking for stage parlor illusions that can be performed under any circunstances....and that I can build myself ( my father is a carpenter) ...
I have an assistante and I can perform something with her...
Any ideas ....

Thank you very much,

NUNO
magicurt
View Profile
Loyal user
alabama
222 Posts

Profile of magicurt
A sub trunk with the surround curtian. Unless of course you are performing for an audience that is in a balcony close enough to have a view over the curtian. It would work virtually everywhere.

Curt
NUNO
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
20 Posts

Profile of NUNO
Thanks...thats a good idea... and at the same time we can do a cloth change...what do you think!?!

Can we do it as a opening trick...... any ideas...

NUNO
plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
Metamorphosis for an opener. HMMm. Not likely. May not go over well. Its a process effect. Means inviting people on stage. Or tying up. Then locking up. Then the climax hits within 5 secs and its over. So the audience must be relaxed and into the magic mood to watch and effect like sub trunk. Try something faster for an opener. Where the magic is evident from the 1st minute onwards. Like a quick production of yourself or something.
NUNO
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
20 Posts

Profile of NUNO
Thanks.

Any ideas for a something quick....of course that can be performed under almost all circunstances......
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
For standard illusions, a Double Tip Over Trunk, Egyptian Mummy case or any variation by Osborne such as the grandfather clock are all good productions for people. More contemporary, If Steinmeyer will allow you, the Elevator is a great opening illusion. If you need something smaller try an Abbotts style Stocks of Zanzibar, Bryces Screen or Arabian Tent. That gives you a ton of price options and level of difficulty in building if you choose to build an illusion. Nothing works in all situations so each of the above have their plusses and minuses.

Frank Tougas
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
NUNO
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
20 Posts

Profile of NUNO
Thanks....my father is a carpenter so...we can build quite a lot of things....
Any ideas for openings....more simple illusions but that still stage illusions!?!
plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
Try a small tip over trunk. One which can hold you in a crouched position. That will work very well and is small to transport.
NUNO
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
20 Posts

Profile of NUNO
Thanks for all your ideas.....
parsimagic
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of parsimagic
I have used a crystal casket for the production of my assistant often as an opener. It is quick and impressive. There are no angle problems and the base for the casket can be used for other illusions.
NUNO
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
20 Posts

Profile of NUNO
That's a great idea...any plan to build one....since my father is a carpenter!?!

thanks
plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
If your trying the crystal casket. Do the paul osborne pscho con idea. LOL. The cloth buldges and one girl steps out without fully pulling away the cloth. (because the next girl is hangin on the back behind the cloth cover that's draping the back panel. Then she covers up the case. Waits. Wisk away. Viola. Its another girl. This another girl concept makes the sudience believe (at least by the time they get home) that both girls appeared out of nowhere. Then the 2 girls flourish the cloth more around showing the casket completely transparent. And drape. Whisk. And you appear. This will enforce the idea that they also appeared after the casket was shown completely transparent. Though it wasnt. Get Cheaty. LOL
NUNO
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
20 Posts

Profile of NUNO
Thanks....do you know where can I buy the plans!?!
plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
There isn't that much to buy plans for the crystal casket. I mean of course it would help. But if you have some basic knowledge in illusions and their "basics" Smile. Then you should be able to build one of your own. If you want to know how you can build one. PM me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Ideas for my show! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL