The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Neil Patrick Harris AKA Doogie Howser (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
oagwood
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Hill, CA
392 Posts

Profile of oagwood
Don't forget his performances in malcom in the middle.

brilliant in H and K go to White Castle and starship troopers.

he seems like the magic type.

oliver
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
Quote:
On 2005-09-20 10:06, Alewishus wrote:
I liken Shade to that fart you make when alone in bed.
I would not begrudge anyone the chance to stick their head under the bed covers to enjoy what their nature and deepfried beans has wrought, but I do believe it would be bad form to invite others to also partake in this guilty pleasure.
Shade is the equivelant of a fart from the magic/faux-cheating community.
I for one do not suffer from eproctolagnia, and have no reservation in saying that the movie stinks! And, I have no intention of inviting others over for a wiff.
Enjoy if you must but keep it to yourself.

A.

Smile
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
asper
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of asper
That's not Doogie in Malcolm in the Middle, that's Jane Kaczmarek.
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1227 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
Yeah I'm sure it's Jane Kaczmarek also.

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
oagwood
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Hill, CA
392 Posts

Profile of oagwood
My bad fellows, its christopher masterson in malcom in the middle not nph, they look alike and I am generally quicker to speak than I am to research. fortunately, I am quick to admit when I am wrong.

oliver
asper
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of asper
But I was quicker to admit that you are wrong. But we still love you. You have some dead links on your website.
oagwood
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Hill, CA
392 Posts

Profile of oagwood
People are shocked when I tell them that I did the site all by myself. ok maybe they are shocked that I would leave it like that.

oliver
asper
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of asper
I'm shocked that you would admit that.
oagwood
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Hill, CA
392 Posts

Profile of oagwood
I'm shameless, what can I say.

oliver
mattneufeld
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of mattneufeld
Uh--I'm certainly not a nerd or a geek and I never have been and I do magic. And I know many folks who are not nerds or geeks who do magic. Where on earth did that horrible statement come from? It's far from true.
oagwood
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Hill, CA
392 Posts

Profile of oagwood
Uh-oh, time for the cold hard truth about magicians... son, we are all a bunch of geeks and while we might not think so, our actions and interactions with thre rest of the world prove otherwise. don't take it so hard, it is not such a bad thing.

oliver
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1227 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
If you look around the room at a magic convention and you don't see any nerds or geeks, then guess what? You're it!
Hahahaha...really though.
I think it far from horrible to be characterized as a nerd or geek.
Must nerds and geeks seek employment as computer programers and accountants only? Why do we not have room for these human beings, and yes they are just as human as you or I, in our magic communities?
But of course I'm kidding; we have plenty of nerds and geeks in magic.
What about Jeff McBride?
Do you know anyone in their right mind who would dress the way he does, emulate his hair doo, give lectures in bare feet about putting meaning into magic?
Look around here!
Nerds and geeks in magic: far from being untrue and far from being horrible.
Grow up.

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
UniversalPull
View Profile
New user
Southern California
13 Posts

Profile of UniversalPull
I used to think the nerds and geeks were to be avoided in favor of the cool people, until I realized that the cool people were self-centered, arrogant creeps with very little personality and intelligence, and that the nerds & geeks were FAR more interesting, had better senses of humor and could do their own homework all by themselves! I proudly aligned myself with the nerds & geeks once I figured out the plusses and minusses of each group. Now, I am a magician, ham radio operator, tropical fish enthusiast, graphic designer, book reader and Myth Busters watcher! The "cool" people I knew in high school have wound up bankrupt, saddled with illegitimate children from "fun" they had while I was learning the Charlier Pass, assistant mangers at fast food franchises, telemarketers, or dead from drug and alcohol abuse. The geeks I knew are well-adjusted, financially comfortable and are enjoying the lives they've put together for themselves. Geeks RULE!!
The easy way is seldom the best way.
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1227 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
Ham radio operator...
That may be a little too out there.

A.

(just kidding)
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Anyone see Family Guy last night?? LOL hilarious use of the "magician as geek" imagery!!
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Oooops. Sorry, it was American Dad. Not the Family Guy.
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1227 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
Didn't see it.
Maybe in re-runs.

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Look for it, it's beautiful.
boxjumper
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of boxjumper
If you want a shock, check out Neil Patrick Harris in Harold and Kumar go to White Castle. He has a small role and plays himself but all he does is steals their car and gets wasted. Very funny and unlike the Doogie we all knew.
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1223 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
Great sidebar in the February MAGIC magazine regarding Neil's long time and close relationship with Ed Alonzo and the contributions he has made to Ed's show.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Neil Patrick Harris AKA Doogie Howser (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL