The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Flavors from the past... » » Mr. Joe's Magic Galaxy Memories (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Timmy
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Timmy
Mr. Joe's used to be my local magic shop. The owner took a liking to me and let me work for him in exchange for a heavy discount. I had a lot of fun working in that shop. Sadly, he closed at the end of January, due to increasing rent prices. The year and a half I spent in that that shop remain some of the best times I've ever had.

Timmy
npm37
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of npm37
Timmy,

What a cool way to start in magic! I wood love to have the chance to do that but I don't think there are too many "real" magic shops left. the one near my house already has people working there. I wonder how many others at the Café got a start in magic this way?
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Where was Mr. Joes Magic Shop?
Steve V
David43
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of David43
If that's the Mr. Joe I'm thinking of I don't think it was because of rent increases that he had to close his children's magic section and leave town.

cheers

David
I Put a Spell On You
npm37
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of npm37
I don't think that's really appropiate.
asper
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of asper
No, I think it was because of rent. That whole neighberhood is gentrifying and the rents are skyrocketing. I think that there's a Starbucks at that location now.
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
That Getrification really is a bummer. How many of you have been to starbucks? I like the mocha thingamagiggies, but I call them large, I don't speak Italian.
Steve V
asper
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of asper
Steve, I'm the same. Except I order a medium Smile

Gentrification just means improvement (according to my dictionary), but it sounds fancier.
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
I don't get mediums, something about my coffee speaking to the dead bothers me.
Steve V
asper
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of asper
Too much caffiene in the big cups Steve. My liver can't process it all.
Timmy
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Timmy
I hate all of you. Why did this interest anyone else but me? Really. You are all evil. That is all.

Timmy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Flavors from the past... » » Mr. Joe's Magic Galaxy Memories (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL