The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » "will everybody get a prize?" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Andy Wonder
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
747 Posts

Profile of Andy Wonder
Starrpower, if it is a larger public venue you often have the opportunity for doing Back of Room sales. You could be selling some souvenir of your show. If you are doing that make sure you talk up the souvenir as you give one to each of your helpers during the show.

Although this woman may have been totally rude in insisting on a balloon, she may also have been one of many that would be totally prepared to hand over $5 to get what her child was wanting.
Andy Wonder, Auckland, New Zealand
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
That would be a fine idea at a public show. But more often than not, this happens at events for which I have been hired, such as dinners or picnics for organizations. I don't think most of them would take kindly to hiring someone who's out to turn a quick buck at the expense of thie members in addition to the paycheck we get for being there! ;-)

Personally, I'd prefer to to get the h*** out of Dodge as soon as I'm done with my shows. I don't want, nor need, to hang around making ballon animals. When I'm hired to do a show, I like to do it and leave.

I still think it's high time people understand that just because they WANT something doesn't mean their deserve to GET it. This woman was setting a poor example for her kid. And, personally, I wouldn't want to accept that self-centered, obnoxious woman's money. That would make me as bad as her -- "Oh, I know I said I'd make them for just the kids that helped, but if you'll give me a fin, I'll push my ethics aside." I know that's not what you meant, Andy, and you mean to structure the appearance in order to sell afterwards. But, under the conditions outlined, I'd feel lousy to cave into someone like that in order to make a few dollars more.
Andy Wonder
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
747 Posts

Profile of Andy Wonder
There is a bit more to this.. you have me thinking....
Andy Wonder, Auckland, New Zealand
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » "will everybody get a prize?" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL