The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Andrew Mayne's Infusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
So it's out. Wow. Anyone else have it yet?
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Am I crazy or is this the EXACT same methodology as Lonnie Chevrie's FINGER THROUGH BILL?
oagwood
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Hill, CA
392 Posts

Profile of oagwood
Looks like the exact same method with the bill sideways instead of vertical.

oliver
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Quote:
On 2005-10-06 15:56, MagicMan1957 wrote:
Am I crazy or is this the EXACT same methodology as Lonnie Chevrie's FINGER THROUGH BILL?

No, you're not crazy. It is the EXACT same method as Lonnie Chevrie's routine. Other than the fact that the bill is folded lengthwise rather than end to end, it's a carbon copy.

I might also mention that Ghost Bills, which so many of you seem to love, is an old idea too. A magician from Japan (forget the name I'm afraid) published this thing years ago.

Having said that, I thought 'Hypercards' was genius but holy **** Andrew, do some research man!

Dave.
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
Dave, do you have the DVD for infusion? Apparently not. Andrew mentions him in the dvd, and even spoke to Lonnie before releasing it.

So don't rush to judgement. Research yourself!
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Hold the bus there Eddie. Whether he spoke to him or not, it's still a regurgitation of material that already exists. There doesn't appear to be any significant difference between Lonnie Chevrie's trick and Infusion so exactly why is it being released? Is it because Andrew pretends to rip the bill first? Wow, that is a real advancement, get it out on DVD quick!

I suspect your a friend of Andrews and are a just getting upset about any kind of criticism directed towards him. Too bad. Infusion is just a rehash of Lonnie Chevries routine fired out on to the market to make a quick buck. Whether you agreee or not, the video demo says different.

Dave.
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
I dislike how you critize something you do not own and have not seen, besides the 1 minute demo.

In your earlier post you make it seem like Infusion was just a rip off, although you used the words carbon copy.

Since there is so much debate on the Café and elswhere about ethics in magic products today it seemed as if you were going that route.

Yes I am a friend of Andrews, I like most of his stuff. My answer to your question about it being released is because he can and the handling is different. There are tons of effects in books and dvds that have new handlings, that than are reworked in one way or another and released into the magic community once again.

I am not opposed to anyone wanting to make a money. Business is business, if you do not like it, I cannot help you there.

We can agree to disagree.
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Hi Eddie,

Fair enough. I suppose what it comes down to is this. If people are unfamiliar with Lonnie Chevrie's effect then they'll get something out of this and I'm sure it will seem like a worthwhile purchase.

If, on the other hand, those who are familiar with the Chevrie routine buy Infusion then I suspect they will be bitterly dissapointed.

You can argue the ins and outs of 'new handlings' meriting new releases all day long but for me, and admittedly I am just judging by the demo, there is nothing of any great weight being added to Lonnie Chevrie's original illusion of a finger penetrating a bill.

Lastly, I'm not opposed to people making money either but in this case it would seem that the money is being made from someone else's intelectual property. If Lonnie Chevrie has allowed this I suppose it's fair enough but I can't for the life of me imagine why he would. Unless of course he gets a cut of the proceeds in which case I understand completely.

But, you're right, we should agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Dave.
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
I learned the move from the demo. However I suggest those who are interested to buy it. It says you can also do it with a spectator's shirt.
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
Chevrie
View Profile
Regular user
West Texas
120 Posts

Profile of Chevrie
Andrew spoke to me many months ago about Infusion. He has my complete support with this recent release and I would urge anyone reading this post to purchase this item. Even though the method is similar to my routine, the handling is very different and he offers many other "extras" on the Infusion DVD. Andrew is a great guy and a true gentleman, just do business with him and you'll see what I mean. Suggesting that he did anything "underhanded" by releasing this DVD is just wrong. Suggesting that he did anything unehtical is doing one of the good guys in magic a dis-service. Andrew has a very inventive mind and has released some great effects to the magic community, and I can tell you there is a lot more to come!
Lonnie Chevrie
SamChak
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of SamChak
Thanks Chevrie. Andrew's artworks are brilliant! I'll check out on his DVD.
cupmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of cupmagic
Where can I get to see the new demo...seems like there is no change in the demo. Its still the same demo from hocus ?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Andrew Mayne's Infusion (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL