The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Large gozinta boxes illusion (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magic-taylor
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of magic-taylor
I recently was looking through "The Master Illusionists" by Mark Walker and saw a photo of Doug Henning performing an illusion by Dick Zimmerman based on the old Gozinta Box trick. Does anyone have more info on this illusion? Is it in print? Was it ever released? Do you know who built it origionally?
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
I don't know if it was ever put on the market, but I do have a video tape of it being performed. Doug was showing how his illusion show was stored and used without taking up extra space. When they traveled, he said, the illusions were packed in their cases and when they performed, the cases were packed in the illusions. Finally, the assistant would ask, "But how does that work?" and Doug would answer, "I think you should ask someone else." and a girl would come out of the nested boxes.

Thanks,
Richard
gulamerian
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of gulamerian
The illuson is available from Owen Magic.
magic-taylor
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of magic-taylor
Richard, is there anywhere I can purchase a copy of the video you mentioned?
Taylor
Irish_matt
View Profile
Loyal user
St.Louis, MO
204 Posts

Profile of Irish_matt
You should be able to rent the video/dvd from the SAM library. If you aren't a member of SAM it's worth joining as an associate member. You'll have access to the entire video collection.

Matt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Large gozinta boxes illusion (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL