The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Yet Another Magician's Table... From Guitar Center! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
I picked up a table today at Guitar Center. This is actually a "Trap Table". It is designed to hold rythem instruments for a professional percussionist. The table comes in two parts - a height-adjustable chrome plated stand, and the table top which is 22" Wide by 16" Deep. It has a 1" tall rail going around the perimeter, so props won't roll off the table. Seems to be very sturdy and well constructed. It was $96 including tax. I'll add a padded black velvet closeup mat to the top to give me the desired working surface.

You can see the table here: http://www.instrumentpro.com/P-LATLPA521.html
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Jolly good SD. I have found music stores to be a heaven for magic tables and utility boxes. Recently, I found some great bargins also at Sam Ash in their drum area also. By the way, here's another tip from your ole Uncle Snidini. Buy the dirt cheap drum sticks and rework them into magic wands. The more crooked the better. They get great laughs and I usually give these away to the kids for helping me with a trick. They're cheap and the kids will cherish them.

Snidini
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
Quote:
On 2005-09-26 01:02, Snidini wrote:
Jolly good SD. I have found music stores to be a heaven for magic tables and utility boxes. Recently, I found some great bargins also at Sam Ash in their drum area also. By the way, here's another tip from your ole Uncle Snidini. Buy the dirt cheap drum sticks and rework them into magic wands. The more crooked the better. They get great laughs and I usually give these away to the kids for helping me with a trick. They're cheap and the kids will cherish them.

Snidini

Thanks Snidini! Excellent Tip re: low cost magic wands!
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Low cost magic wands can be purchased, much cheaper at Hobby Lobby or other craft stores - they have packages of cheap dowel rods.

I love the look of the percussionist's table! If I didn't already have some tripod tables, I'd probably go get one at my local Guitar Center.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Yet Another Magician's Table... From Guitar Center! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL