The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Video clips » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
It was suggested that you have a special area for video clips. Of course, this wouldn't be practical for you in regards to storage space and bandwidth. However, how about a spot for people to post the LINKS to their own websites which would have video clips and the such?
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1396 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
A tangeled web we weave is the area you're looking for. Smile
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2005-10-01 13:28, Mya Angel wrote:
A tangeled web we weave is the area you're looking for. Smile

I see what you're saying, but "tangled web" is for any and all web references. I would suggest just a group where links to video clips could be found.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
We have a rule about posting your own web URL's. You could say something like go to my site to view a clip. You can have your site listed as part of your signature or part of your profile. You would then just be posting a normal message in whatever topic is appropriate, Coins, Cards, illusions for example
Where the magic begins
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2005-10-02 22:43, Dave Scribner wrote:
We have a rule about posting your own web URL's. You could say something like go to my site to view a clip. You can have your site listed as part of your signature or part of your profile. You would then just be posting a normal message in whatever topic is appropriate, Coins, Cards, illusions for example

OK, it's your board. I just thought it would be a good idea to group the video links to one area.
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1396 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
There are video clips in A tangeled web we weave. It isn't just for references. Any time we find a post that says Come see my new handling it is moved to A tangeled web. (Or it should be) And as Dave has said any member can use their signature area to put up a link to their own site. I guess I'm not understanding your question correctly then. What exactly is it that you would like a new forum for?

:D
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2005-10-04 16:20, Mya Angel wrote:
There are video clips in A tangeled web we weave. It isn't just for references. Any time we find a post that says Come see my new handling it is moved to A tangeled web. (Or it should be) And as Dave has said any member can use their signature area to put up a link to their own site. I guess I'm not understanding your question correctly then. What exactly is it that you would like a new forum for?

:D

Not all the video clips are personal. Some say; "Look at THIS, it's cool" and there's a link to some other performer. The tangled web area has video clips, but they're mixed in with other web information just as the video clips in other areas get buried with the regular posts.
BlackShadow
View Profile
Special user
London UK
666 Posts

Profile of BlackShadow
Mandrake is right on this one. Tangled web is not a good place. It's a repository for sll kinds of stuff. Video clips of performance is a very specific topic.

There's whole websites devoted just to this.

eg http://www.magicvideodepot.com/

Magic Bunny (UK's premier magic BB) has a seperate forum for clips and they only have about 15 forums - compared to what magic Café has it's a small number, so you can see the relative importance they attach in today's video age. There are well over 1000 video topics in their video section.

So I don't think one forum on here would be out of place.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
I'll give it some thought - thanks for the suggestion. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Video clips » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL