The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Vanishing Radio Plans (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I have volume 1 of Jack Hughes World of magic. The Vanishing Radio in that book is a radio that is placed in a box to vanish it. It is not one that is covered with a cloth and thrown up in the air to vanish.

I use to own a Vanishing Radio, maybe I should make up some plans and sell them. Mine was from England.
Scotty Walsh
View Profile
Loyal user
Ireland
207 Posts

Profile of Scotty Walsh
Yes. You should make up plans. And sell them. To me. Soon.

Looking forward to receiving them in the mail!

Best,
Scotty
WolfgangWollet
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of WolfgangWollet
We sold the one made by Viennamagic for a while, it looked like a large boombox and for the time was very realistic. Now of course it would be outdated. I think that the last offering I have seen was from Vladimir in Slowenia, Hocus Pocus carried it for a while.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Boom boxes are still around. You must live in the 'burbs.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I think WolfgangWollet is referring to IPods and such. I guess he is not married and have the wife telling him his house needs to look like an Parade of Homes Display house. LOL I don't know any women that would put up with a tiny Ipod being displayed in the Living Room.

Yes, large stereos have made a come back as well as Boom Boxes, they are all in the stores.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Vienna Magic shows an updated version they've released. http://www.viennamagic.com/shop/shop.php (put radio in the search box)

It is much different look from their "cassette" version released in the 1980's. Wladimir's is quite similar. http://slomagic.com/katalogmbyw/VanishingRadio/

I have the older style Vienna Magic offering, and am planning to use it in a retro Halloween party routine.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
In Tim Clothier's book "Advanced Illusion Projects," he has a vanishing radio/ appearance of person illusion that offers some great sources for the parts to create a vanishing radio.
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
Speaking of parts:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_electr......=Lasonic

I wonder if you could cut one of these up...
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
About the only difficult part to make would be the front. You'd be surprised what you can find at thrift stores, flea markets, or yard sales.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
I know the Vienna Magic shop very well. Man, do I ever miss that city...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Vanishing Radio Plans (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL