The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Work Lunch meet-Put on the spot! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Audience reactions never stop surpising me!!

We had a lunch meet with a few of our advertising clients in our building at the same time so about 16 people eating & talking etc

Somehow my name got dragged into conversation about performing magic etc & 1 of the sales reps says the obvious

Show us a trick!!!

I had on me at the time an invisible deck a couple of work collegues had seen me peform previous months earlier-I only had this on me today as I was copying a spare set of instructions for me!

So in front of everyone-I perform the routine -simply by informing them of reversing a card prior to lunch etc

I then got one of the clients after I send a mental image of the card to his cellphone-I then ask him to ring anyone on his phone & ask them to name a card(- rings his wife)

The reaction when I showed the reverse card in the deck was mouths open, back slapping,laughing etc-unbelieving clients & collegues-all saying that was impossible!!!

A standard effect with a variation I have not done before- was huge as an effect at this lunch with many saying that was the most amazing effect they had ever seen mainly because it was live etc

I have done this effect dozens of times times in shows etc but not this method-I guess we learn something every day-

A case of being in the right place at the right time

People do look at me differently now!!!!

Thank you Don Alan
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
Brent,
You might want to thank Joe Berg. He's the one who created the Ultramental deck that you used.

Don Alan is responsible for popularizing it with a presentation that featured an "Invisible" deck, but he did not create the trick deck.

There's a book (called The Berg Book) about him and his magic. I don't know if it's still in print or not.
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Quote:
On 2005-10-17 00:40, wsduncan wrote:
Brent,
You might want to thank Joe Berg. He's the one who created the Ultramental deck that you used.

Don Alan is responsible for popularizing it with a presentation that featured an "Invisible" deck, but he did not create the trick deck.

There's a book (called The Berg Book) about him and his magic. I don't know if it's still in print or not.

Thanks-appreciated!!
unilogo
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas , NV
359 Posts

Profile of unilogo
Mind if I use your idea?

That is such a SWEET story. CONGRATULATIONS!

The fact you got

"The reaction when I showed the reverse card in the deck was mouths open, back slapping,laughing etc-unbelieving clients & collegues-all saying that was impossible!!! "

Gives you INSANE kudos.

Keep it up as you said an old trick can always be a miracle if done right. Smile
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Quote:
On 2005-10-19 21:59, unilogo wrote:
Mind if I use your idea?

That is such a SWEET story. CONGRATULATIONS!

The fact you got

"The reaction when I showed the reverse card in the deck was mouths open, back slapping,laughing etc-unbelieving clients & collegues-all saying that was impossible!!! "

Gives you INSANE kudos.

Keep it up as you said an old trick can always be a miracle if done right. Smile

unilogo

Thanks for that-appreciated!!

I have now incorporated this into my own show permanently in between the music segments of magic etc,using a jumbo invisible deck as well as the phone call etc- This method plays very strong!! I peform this in many Cabarets & Theatres -it plays as strong as my Silk to egg which I also use a a filler routine in most shows as well!!

Good luck with this!

-Brent
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Work Lunch meet-Put on the spot! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL