The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Sandwich effect? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

zwevie
View Profile
New user
Belgium
36 Posts

Profile of zwevie
I recently purchased Ray Kosby's impossible cardmagic. It's very good, but difficult(which works too). There a sandwich effect on it where a chosen card flies out of the pack and ends up in between two cards(two jacks) afterwards the full goes in between them and the chosen card stays in the other hand. He explains the full deck transpo, but not the effect where the one chosen card flies out. He says it's originally from Daryl, where can I find an explenation?

Greetz
If anyone likes to discuss on msn, add me greetz
zwevie@hotmail.com
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1132 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
My guess is that it is Daryl's Hot Shot Cut. You can find an explanation on Jay Sankey's The Very Best of Jay Sankey Vol. 1 DVD in the trick called Diehard Opener. Greg Wilson teaches it in passing on his Card Stunts DVD. There's a simplified version of the cut in one of the Art Of Astonishment Books by Paul Harris. Probably the best source, however, is from Daryl himself. I think he teaches it on his Encyclopedia of Card Sleights DVD. Sorry, but I'm not sure which volume. An intenet search should give you all the info you need. Hope this helps.

Caleb
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
coinmagic143
View Profile
New user
Annapolis, MD
67 Posts

Profile of coinmagic143
Plus Daryl's video as part of Joe Steven's Stevens Magic Emporium collection has the explanation of his hot shot cut. Cheers,

Bill
zwevie
View Profile
New user
Belgium
36 Posts

Profile of zwevie
Thanks guys, since you mansion Card Stunts from Greg Wilson I've been trying to order that but they don't have it anymore at my local magicshop and there suppliers. Maybe you can help me find a place where they still have it.
Greetz
If anyone likes to discuss on msn, add me greetz
zwevie@hotmail.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Sandwich effect? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL