The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » David blaine movie (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magic123454321
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of magic123454321
I heard they were making a movie about david blaine with ROBERT DENIRO playing david blaine. ROBERT DENIRO lol. That will be really interesting. I think its called trick monkey. It sounds really really good. I hope they don't give away tricks though
Magicbarry
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
276 Posts

Profile of Magicbarry
De Niro would not be playing Blaine -- he's far too old for the role. He's a great actor, but he's not a miracle worker.

As I understand it, De Niro's production company has the rights to this proposed film, but it hasn't gone any further than that. De Niro would play an older magician, and Leonardo Di Caprio would play his apprentice -- presumably Blaine, though I haven't seen anything that specifically says Di Caprio plays Blaine. One would assume that's the case, since it appears it is something of a bio-pic.

Information can be found by googling. There's not much to find, because not much is going on at the present time. De Niro has "first look" rights -- he hasn't even decided whether to go ahead with the project.
Magicbarry
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
276 Posts

Profile of Magicbarry
Boy, I'm trying to picture it in my head ... Leonardo playing Blaine. I just can't see it.
magic123454321
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of magic123454321
Doesn't david blaine know leonardo dicaprio though? There good friends I think
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Ah I would need more proof on this. Why would they make a movie of him? I don't get it.
Magicbarry
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
276 Posts

Profile of Magicbarry
You can find "proof" by googling "David Blaine Robert De Niro". As I said, it's not something that is actually in the works. De Niro has picked up the rights to be the first to read the script. That's a long, long way from having a movie made. I've had limited dealings in the area of film options, etc., but my understanding is that for every option that's picked up and actually turned into a movie, there are eight or nine that never get made.

I wouldn't hold my breath on this.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » David blaine movie (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL