The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Sticky card cases from seals. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
So, probably happened to everyone.

You open a new deck, peel the seal away, and left on the case is a sticky annoying surface. Sure you can do a impromptu case levitation using that that looks crappy, but not much else.

Any tips for getting the sticky stuff away? I think I remember reading something about it, and I tried doing a search now, but I didn't find any results.

So..?
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I usually hit it with a bit of lighter fluid. Just put a few drops on a piece of cloth or tisse and wipe it off. I hate those sticky labels myself and always wipe them off. Goo Gone, Brasso and a many other solvents works as well. Sometimes you can get it just by rubbing, but I don't bother. I peel it the best that I can and wipe it off with lighter fluid. Clean as a whistle.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Use the seal which you have peeled off.

Press the stickly side of the seal onto the residue left on the card box and immediately peel it off. Keep doing until the sticky residue is gone.

Works all the time for me in removing the sticky substance left from the seal.
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
Chris Miller
View Profile
Loyal user
Rochester, NY
242 Posts

Profile of Chris Miller
I use bikes, and I have never peeled the seal away. I just rip the seal open along the finger cut-out with my fingernail. Sometimes I do a good job, and there is no seal left covering the cut-out. Sometimes there is some left, and this is quickly torn-off without having to peel anything. Alternatively, I have folded the small part of the seal which can be left exposed in the finger cut-out into the inside of the box. Peeling sounds like a pain to me. I would just break the seal.

Chris
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Ya, that's what I do, don't bother taking the seal off, just use a knife or something and slice the seal at the opening of the card case.
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
WD-40 works also! Smile Smile Smile
<<<KRaZy4kardz>>>
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Suave Dan
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
656 Posts

Profile of Suave Dan
Why peel? Just break the seal.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Why just break the seal? peel it off.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
ASCII
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of ASCII
In times past I have left the seal intact, so that there is a bit of sticky seal facing inward.
Then if I need a stranger card be it a dup or alternate color back card its a easy matter to switch it in.

ie:
#pull out the deck dump the cards into you hand (as your alt colour backed card is still in the box stuck to the label)

do a few things then when you want to put in your stranger card place the cards back in the case, then as a after thought say OK Il do one more and dump them out again, but this time grip with your thumb and middle finger and squeeze the top of the box this will peel the seal from your stranger card and this time all the cards will fall out.

now mind you this will only work for the first few times after that the sticky seal wont stick enough (which is the reason I don't really do this anymore)
not to mention there are better ways to get a card in anyhow.

but none the less that is the only thing usefull I have ever used a sticky seal for.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
I cut it off using a razor and follow the 'half moon' cut out.
Amir
View Profile
Loyal user
New York.
296 Posts

Profile of Amir
When you peel it, you have to peel slowly, and the opposite direction (not up). It always comes clean off with me.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Quote:
On 2005-10-17 15:28, Jaz wrote:
I cut it off using a razor and follow the 'half moon' cut out.

Me, too. An exacto knife works well.

Robert
Niko
View Profile
Special user
England
599 Posts

Profile of Niko
I use that to mark my decks - some I peel off, others I break. Just to distinguish easily between decks I have when performing.
When you do something right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
allanmania
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of allanmania
Leave the seal on
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Quote:
On 2005-10-17 16:02, Niko wrote:
I use that to mark my decks - some I peel off, others I break. Just to distinguish easily between decks I have when performing.

good idea! If I ever use gimmicked decks, I will remember that one. For those of you who are saying to peel off the sticker, I just recommend breaking it.
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
Quote:
On 2005-10-17 12:56, ClouDsss wrote:

Press the stickly side of the seal onto the residue left on the card box and immediately peel it off. Keep doing until the sticky residue is gone.

This method works for me too.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Quote:
On 2005-10-17 16:02, Niko wrote:

Just got a great idea!

I will peel the ones from red decks and keep the ones on blue decks!

This way I can tell them apart from....

Oh, never mind.

Seriously though, a friend told me to use the seal itself to get it off and it didn't work for me, it worked with some scotch tape though. Smile

I was using a aviator case btw, may be different.
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
sullivanl
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of sullivanl
Quote:
On 2005-10-18 01:36, brianclementsvatua wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-10-17 12:56, ClouDsss wrote:

This method works for me too.

Me too. Also, you can use the blob of sticky (no pun intended) as an impromptu card on ceiling. Just stick it to the back of a card (if you have a flat ceiling so it won't get caught in a groove). Or use the sticky for the set-up for card through window, works perfectly. Or for NFW... the possibilities are endless... and in most cases it is better than magicians wax.
swee
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of swee
For me , I don't pell it off, just leave it there
ajb6864
View Profile
Special user
Greece
637 Posts

Profile of ajb6864
Sticky card cases from seals !!

I thought this was going to be the Penguin version of 'card from lemon'.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Sticky card cases from seals. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL