The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Paul Nardini "The Looking Glass" vs Stage Windowmation by Sean Bogunia (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tophie
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of Tophie
Does anyone own either of these two items and have an opinion on the effect?

I love card through window, but sometimes perform where there is no window available.

Does the effect being a window seem too gimicky?

Please advise

Chris
Steve Dela
View Profile
Special user
U.K. London
961 Posts

Profile of Steve Dela
Hi Chris,

All I can say is that I have seen Paul perform his signed card through glass and it looks brilliant! totally fooled me.

Steve Dela
http://stevedela.com
Associate Member of the Inner Magic Circle
FFFF
magicmann
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of magicmann
Chris

I have also seen the signed card in glass effect and it is fantatic.

Paul
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
I have seen pauls and spoken to him about it along with Ian K . Defenetly ther better of the 2

Alan
Ben G
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Ben G
I am thinking of buying it, anyone has a review from a working point of view ?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Ben G
ruijorge
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of ruijorge
I have Sean Bogunia Windomation and I love it.
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
They are two completely different effects. Nardi's is more like the old TV Card Frame where a chosen card ends up between two plates of glass. Yes, the card is signed, but I'm not sure that adds much to the effect. The effect is the appearance of the card between two sheets of glass, a theoretically impossible place for the card to get to. The audience expects the card to be between the plates (otherwise why would you have two and why would they be 'bound' or clipped together,) so there is no surprise other than the appearance.

Stage Size Windowmation IS a Card Thru Window effect. The Window is portable and that opens a lot of opportunities for some great lines explaining why you have the window at the venue with you. The card cannot be signed but, again, in this context a signed card doesn't add much to the effect. With Windowmation it comes as a surprise to find the card is on the backside of the glass and, of course, it is self-contained so a spectator himself may go behind the window and remove the card, something that can't be done with most of the non-portable versions.

I think they are two totally different effects. Be advised that Windowmation is VERY big, so you really have to be able to accommodate the prop. In the case it will not fit in a normal car; an SUV, yes, a car no. But, if your show can work a prop of its size, it is a killer trick, in my opinion.
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Thanks jag for the advise. At least now I know windowmation is not for me as I cant accomodate such a big prop.
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
467 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
I have seen the nardini trick done by alex crowe live in a thtearte tour last year and it ruled.

criss
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2006-02-08 05:37, runawayjag wrote:
Be advised that Windowmation is VERY big, so you really have to be able to accommodate the prop. In the case it will not fit in a normal car; an SUV, yes, a car no. But, if your show can work a prop of its size, it is a killer trick, in my opinion.

OMG, how heavy is it? Am I gonna be able to lift it up into my SUV?
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
Yes, you'll be able to lift it. Esepecially since it has wheels on one edge so you can move it like the suitcases you see being dragged in the airport. So you can easily wheel it right up to the rear door of your SUV, and then lift it up and push it into the automobile. As I recall, it is about 80 lbs in the case and since you're, in effect, lifting only half of that (the SUV supports the weight,) it is pretty easy. As I said, it will fit in almost any SUV, but not a regular passenger car. It would probably fit in a car, but I can't imagine how you could get it rhough the doors.

If you have an SUV, you'll have no problem and it is convenient and easy to transport from venue to venue.
milez
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of milez
Oh man, that's huge! Not as practical as I hoped windomation would be. I've been debating whether to spend 3 big ones on it. Shucks. To comfort myself, I will say that the whole CTW has been overplayed on TV and otherwise. Yep, sour grapes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Paul Nardini "The Looking Glass" vs Stage Windowmation by Sean Bogunia (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL