The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Helping "sell" the suggestion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Doughlas
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
173 Posts

Profile of Doughlas
I'm relatively new to the use of suggestion, but I want to become better with it. I'm currently reading Building Blocks by Luke Jermay, and Derren Brown's materials. It is my thought that before using an effect that relies heavily on suggestion, I should at first do a couple of effects that will help set the tone. This way the audience will be more likely to accept the suggestion. I'm currently thinking of using a PK Effect (Luvrs Lock), and having the couple hold the lock between their two hands, with their palms held vertically (kind of like giving each other a "high-five"). But also having them keep their hands cupped enough to allow the lock some room to move. Then as I move about and give suggestions of heat and movement, have my M5 in a position so that the couple will actually feel slight movements of the lock in the hands.

Like I said this is only a preliminary thought and I'm sure others on this board may have other suggestions. But would something like this help in the successful use of later suggestion effects?
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Doughlas,
I would strongly suggest that you think this through very carefully.
M5's are sturdy little creatures and may give you something that you do not anticipate.
Peace,
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
SHoT
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of SHoT
Why don't you have them press the hands together very firm?
Because of the pressure and involuntary small hand movements they will feel warmth and movements anyway - so you just have to sell it as your effect Smile

Good Luck,
Stefan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Helping "sell" the suggestion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL