The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Does anybody use a milk pitcher anymore? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
trainerjep
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of trainerjep
i use mine for pouring it on my cereal.
but now i have a really cool one, and i use it for my adult shows, pouring beer.

cheers Smile
It's not the size of the wand,
but the magic in it !
einhorn
View Profile
Regular user
London
190 Posts

Profile of einhorn
A sealed large glass of milk is available from Kovari in the uk. Not sure of his web site but do a search for it. Sure you'll find it. The gimmick is excellent
Regards
Nicholas
Ashkenazi the Pretty Good
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern California
366 Posts

Profile of Ashkenazi the Pretty Good
Yeah yeah, but what about melted gimmicks?

Please see above.
------------

We could have been practicing!
RC4MAG
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of RC4MAG
Someone mentioned Elmwood's Milk carton which they got at a swap meet. I thought it was a brilliant up to date version of the milk pitcher. Unfortunately, Elmwood no longer makes these.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
I Use it.
All the finer points about this or that, doesn't matter. The kids love it and i get a great reaction when the white confetti (that i have in a hidden little pocket) comes flying at them! Smile
Got milk??? Smile

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
bielke
View Profile
New user
Germany
57 Posts

Profile of bielke
I still use a milk pitcher and have the same problems like you.

i saw a good one at magicwarehouse.com. you don't have to fill it.

pierre
Ashkenazi the Pretty Good
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern California
366 Posts

Profile of Ashkenazi the Pretty Good

Please see above.
------------

We could have been practicing!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
The Milk Pitcher is still a gerat effect. laymen have no idea how it is done. And now, the pitchers come in sizes from large to mini.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Billgussen
View Profile
Elite user
Central Japan
497 Posts

Profile of Billgussen
Quote:
On 2002-11-08 18:07, Cygnus wrote:
Considering my latest venue, I really wish there was a full size beer pitcher version of this gimmick!

Leo Martin

Just a thought... If you use a stout beer (or use some liquid that looks like it) like Guinness, it might be able to work with a large milk pitcher, especially if the pitcher is frosted (real or artificial) or plexiglass. I haven't tried it myself, but it seems like it could work.

Billgussen
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
If I remember, the first time I saw a magician use the milk pitcher, many years ago, he had an amusing patter about how he had bought some super-absorbent newspaper. I'll bet that can still play.

Jack Shalom
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
748 Posts

Profile of misterillusion
I use the large standard milk pitcher in every one of my kid's shows, with all the standard funny business, and it is a crowd pleaser.
May every day be magic!

http://www.misterillusion.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Abbott's Magic Mfg.Co., Colon, Michigan, has the best sealed milk pitcher around. The only problem is they only make them when they can find a plastics person. Call Greg at Abbott's if you are seriously interested. They call it Miracle Milk Pitcher.

Owen's Magic Supeme is the best made out of plexiglass. If you can afford it. Bob Kline made a very nice plexiglass version years ago, he has passed but the person who purchased the rights are not doing anything with them as is the story with all magic company buy outs.

Click Here!

Bill
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2003-06-06 02:54, Ashkenazi The Pretty Good wrote:

Please see above.

Did you ever get the idea that nobody is paying attention? Actually, I think the problem is that nobody knows the answer. While I don't know the answer, I think I might be able to offer a solution.

Take what is left of your liner to a plastics company and ask them whether they have any of it in sheeting. It is probably what is generally termed "acetate sheeting."

The better ones were vacuum molded. Getting that done these days may be very expensive; however, if you know someone who makes furniture as a hobby, he may have a vacuum table. And, if so, you are halfway there.

'Splain the problem to him. Get him to make a wooden block that is the shape of the liner. Heat the acetate in boiling water and plop it over the block. Get him to vacuum it down really fast.

If it is not a one piece gimmick, that may be easier to fix. You simply cut the shape out of the acetate and glue it together. Don't use cyanoacrylate (super glue or Krazy glue) because it will cause the liner to turn white. Acetone is probably the ticket on this.

Good luck.

Remember, it really doesn't matter what you paid for it 10 or 15 years ago. You are repairing it now, so it is going to cost you some "now" prices to get the work done.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
mystic mickey
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of mystic mickey
I use my old glass pitcher. It's never leaked and to keep down the mess I take a box(quart) of parmalat shelf milk( now that parmalat is going bankrupt I may have to switch. I fill my pitcher and funner from this.
I use magician wax to plug funnel whole...if that doesn't hold I use duct tape(silver).
Of all the modern magic I do the only effects that goes over as big as the milk pitcher and funnel, is my rabbit.
People never get tired of it, kids scream for it.
I have since bought a back up; an Owens Magic Supreme Plexi milk pitcher. It's expensive but beautiful. They are now making me their funnel...all copper and with a valve system that is guaranteed not to leak. This is also expensive, but since this a very important trick for me, I went the distance...besides these are the only Owen's items I will ever be able to afford, and everybody must have at least one Owens piece before we got to great magicland in sky.
MM

Addenda: Use OOM if you want to use slush powder in your routine...as we all know slush does not mix with milk. Although OOM smeels very strange it does cut out bringing real milk to the show.
MM
bkowkabany
View Profile
Loyal user
I have driven through the hearts of men
276 Posts

Profile of bkowkabany
I used to use a milk pitcher in conjunction with the magic lamp effect (you vanish the milk and the light in the lamp goes out - remove the shade, unscrew the bulb and pour milk out of it). It was a nice effect and a real crowd pleaser. Later I switched to a milk tumbler (a plastic ribbed glass with another glued inside it to make the double wall) because it was easier to carry and refill.
Download our Free Magic Inventory and Show Creation software - www.mailware.com/magic

Mentalist by day. Bizzarist by night.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Does anybody use a milk pitcher anymore? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL