The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Where did I put all that stuff!?! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
Howdy,

I am a case, table, organization freak. I figured out one time that I have experimented with about 200 different variants, etc.

I found the following worked that best for me: First I found a Doctor's Bag and hooked it to a Eureka Table Base. I now had, for me, the perfect way to carry larger close-up props like the Chop Cup and still looked cool! The bag contained my 2 regular decks per show, several 'trick' decks including Oscar, Mental Photography and an Invisible Deck. My CC Knives, 4 2" sponge balls and large 4" load, Funken Ring and numerous other small comedy items. My coins in two separate purses and a Professors Nightmare dyed bright yellow. Small close-up pad if needed.

Next was my jacket, which held my Insurance Policy, Jumbo 3 1/2 Clubs, and Hyrum the Haunted Hank. Another inside pocket held my LePaul Wallet and sharpie pen. Outside pockets played pickup for used items or special tasks. Right side back pants pocket held my two large Chop Cup loads. Once I figured out how to make the loads standing and surrounded by spectators this was the default pocket configuration for the Chop Cup.

If working at station I had a custom built Abe Creekmore table that was part of a small built to the specs of Stan Gerson. Looks like furniture and weighs a ton, but looks like a million dollars in a cocktail situation. The table could hold an amazing number of other items allowing me one night to work three straight hours without repeating a routine. (Note: I could not do this now! This was that height of my performing time and between shows and demo-ing magic at my shop every day I simply had a huge repertoire.) I only did this once as a challenge to myself after a conversation about Mike Skinner and the now fabled, but true night of the ever-changing show. I saw 4 of those shows by Skinner and it was a night not to forget.

What all the above means is that filling your pockets is for me a very uncomfortable thing to do and I looked for years to find a configuration that would allow me to carry a wide range of material and yet not feel personally pocket stuffed.

Hope it helps,
Brad Burt
Brad Burt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Where did I put all that stuff!?! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL