The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Best books on gospel magic? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
DougTait
View Profile
Elite user
Sebring, FL
492 Posts

Profile of DougTait
IMHO Duane's is the second best resource available for the serious Gospel magician. No, it is not the best resource available for routines, although it does have an ample amount included in the book. GGM will provide you with invaluable lessons on the heart of Gospel magic and a volume full of most excellent advice, cautions and a chance to look at yourself as far as style and your motivation to get into this genre.

I find the book very motivational and often go back and re-read it, often just to become grounded again.

I believe every Gospel magician should read this book because more than likley you will either be a serious GM when you finish, or you will realize that you are just another magician trying to do tricks with the Gospel.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men [and women] to do nothing."
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Just a thought but a book that really made me think about the way I present my gospel magic, Burger & Neale's Magic & Meaning. True, the book does approach from the far left, but it lead me down a path to present my gospel magic with a challenge message to be delivered to the non believer & new ager which addresses their beliefs in relation to the Christian faith.
lhughes
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
151 Posts

Profile of lhughes
Okay Doug, I have to ask. What is the best book in your opinion if Greater Gospel Magic is second? I have Greater Gospel Magic, and would be interested in more routines.
Sleightly yours,
Lorne
DougTait
View Profile
Elite user
Sebring, FL
492 Posts

Profile of DougTait
lhuges;
Of course I was refering to the Bible as the "best resource available for the serious Gospel magician".

The trick may not be in The Book, but the patter certainly is.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men [and women] to do nothing."
Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
Well Steve, I happen to believe that a good book mixed with a good teacher (even if you are a master in magic, you can always learn) can be a great thing. I know you live in Northern California. Depending on how far you are from Sacramento, I know of many Gospel Magicians that live within a 1 hour radius from there. Give a call to Capital Christian Center (I'll PM the number to you later) and ask them. They are a HUGE church and have about 5 magicians I know of, some that may be very close to you. And they are always willing to teach other Magicians, especially for the growth of the Lord's Kingdom.

:subtrunk:
I have the breath of dragons and the soul of a human.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Best books on gospel magic? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL