The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The Magic Man (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sandman
View Profile
New user
Texas
98 Posts

Profile of sandman
I understand that DC was in this musical when he was 18. Is there any way to find out more about the musical itself and not just DC in the musical. I have done many searches on search engines but was unsuccesful. I have DC's dvd and he talks about it briefly but not in depth. If anyone could help it would be appreciated. Thanks.
SANDMAN
Presentation is 99% of all magic
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
You would have to do a search through some of the old magic journals, Tops, Genii etc. You will come up with somehing I am sure. His first interviews after hitting it big would probably give some detail also.

If you can come up with the date of the show opening, you could perhaps check some of the newspapers of that city for reviews around that time. These are fun. I have original reviews for Doug Hennings' "Spellbound" and they thought he would not make it. (chuckle!)

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
Hi Sandman!

What exactly would you like to know?

I have many promo items from the Musical including Posters, Handbills, Programs, Stickers, Ticket Order Forms, etc...

My Copperfield Collection is quite extensive!

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
I remember seeing 18 year old David Copperfield dancing around performing Grant's Crystal Silk Cylinder and many other "standard" effects in the Magic Man in Chicago many moons ago. I have a few pieces of printed material> Copperfield dollars and Magic Man programs, but it sounds like Frank REALLY has a ton-o-stuff.

Curiously, I seem to recall the actual dates are not printed on those programs.

Frank, does that sound correct to you?

BTW I had occasion to discuss those days with David during the visit to his warehouse as part of the Collector's event earlier this year. He made a point to get across that he was grateful for the opportunity and the positive effect that show had on his life, but it was really a lot of work and to this day it's all a blur in his memory.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The Magic Man (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL