The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Silk routine - has this one been done? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
495 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
I was doing my laundry today, when I came up with an idea that I just tried in front of the mirror. The idea seems good now, but maybe tomorrow I´ll change my mind... Anyway. It´s a silk routine, for kids (and childish grown ups).

I tell the audience that I´m going to make my red silk change colour to yellow.
But instead the silk disappears. This happens three times, as I get more and more frustrated. Then I get a bright idea, I´m now going to perform the disappearing silk trick instead (since that is what the silk seems to enjoy doing). But of course, this time the silk changes colour to yellow...

Now I´m jumping up and down with frustration. I ask a volunteer to help me, and then I go into a change bag routine where the kid at last manages to make the silk change colour.

Has this been done like a million times before? Don´t be shy to tell me. Or just share your own ideas or suggestions.

HÃ¥kan
:wavey:
Zorak
View Profile
Regular user
Maryland, USA
114 Posts

Profile of Zorak
Hi Hakan,
I like it. I would use it as a quickee. No assistant, no change bag. I would just work it in my hands. The mishaps then the correct outcome fits my magic character, and the silk can be used in the next effect.
There are no small ideas in magic. only good ones and bad ones. Yours is a good one. Thanks!
Zorak kiddiekazam.com
Magic is in the hearts of children from 1 to 101
Please check out my Website: kiddiekazam.com
FREE ORIGINAL CLIPART FOR MAGICIANS & CLOWNS
PROP DESIGNS
MAGIC CARTOONS all drawn by Zorak
Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
495 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
Hello Zorak,
Thank you very much for your input. I performed the routine (including the change bag part) in front of 150 kids and it played very well. I´m doing a small birthday show next week, maybe I´ll try the "quickie" verson then.

HÃ¥kan
:wavey:
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Silk routine - has this one been done? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL