The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » S.C.A.M. 2006 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hagemagic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of hagemagic
Just a reminder that The South Carolina Association of Magicians’ 11th Annual magic convention will be held January 13-14, 2006 in beautiful downtown Columbia, South Carolina at the newly renovated Columbia Marriott. Jade, Tony Griffith, Joshua Jay, Gazzo, Daniel Garcia, Jason Michaels, The Fettucini Brothers and Michael Genevie form an outstanding line-up of talent. Dealers who will be there include Columbia Magic, Conley's House of Magic, The Magic of Michael Lair, Wild Magic, Magic Central, Daytona Magic, Robert Nelson, Trickmaster, and Carolina Magic. Register using PayPal directly from the http://www.scamcon.org website or call Helen Pettit at 803-787-4027. And as always you can mail the name(s) of the attendee(s) along with a check payable to IBM Ring 105 to our registration guru: Allen Young, 1712 Ashford Lane, Columbia, SC 29210.

It's going to be another fun year. See you in January!
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Chris,

SCAM is always one of the best!

Lucy and I want to come again and take part. Lecture, show, dealer? What do you need? (It is too far to bring the Live Unicorns that time of the year. Lucy won't chance Tennessee ice in the mountains with horses.)

If you have the space in the dealer room for a silk retailer, I'd like to put one of my DoveLite wholesale customers in there.

Scheme!
Bob and Lucy Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
hagemagic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of hagemagic
You should come on out to the convention. It's going to be fun. The dealer room is full right now, but I'll pass your name on to Helen.

I was talking to Henry last night and he has put together some great events for SCAM. You might not know this, but the magic convention is only a small part of the entire magic weekend in Columbia. There's magic at one of the local hospitals during the week, there is a special documentary giving a "behind the scenes look at South Caorlina Magic" showing at local theatres that weekend, there's a special Masters class with Tony Griffith on Friday, several Television & Radio appearances all week/weekend by SC magicians, the SCAM finale and puplic GALA show on Saturday night, and there are workshops/shows for kids at the SC Children's Museum (Edventure) on Sunday. So it's a busy time for all those involved with magic in South Carolina.

We enjoy spending part of that time with our friends from all over the world during the magic convention. I'll have more information posted soon on the website about the Tony Griffith master class. So, if you are interested, please check the website to register for that. http://www.scamcon.org

See you in January!
krisnevling
View Profile
Regular user
clearfield, pa
142 Posts

Profile of krisnevling
Will there be a competition? If so what are the prizes?
I am 27 years old and have been performing magic for 12 years. My main interest is in card magic, but I love all aspects of it. I love to discuss magic with anyone. Feel free to email me anytime.
hagemagic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of hagemagic
There are two competitions: Close-up on Saturday Morning and Stage during the day on Saturday. I do not know the prizes, but I'll ask. Or you can send an email to bwmagic@sc.rr.com to find out more about prizes. Typcially, the stage winner is invited to perform in the Saturday night public Gala show if the quality of the act is at a high standard. It's really a lot of fun.

http://www.scamcon.org I'll post more information about the contests on the website under "Contests".

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Wow! The time for SCAM is here!

They give old folks' discounts but don't wait too long!

Chris,

I've enjoyed your website. I think of you always with some kind of hat, but is not true is it? We got to see the top of your head and it is neither pointed nor flat on top. Imagine!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
Here's some more SCAM news: we're also having a weekend of events for families of the attendees and the public. Here's the lineup for Magic Weekend, January 13-15, 2006:

• John Tudor’s Magic Theater show/documentary, SC State Museum, Friday, January 13 thru Sunday Jan 15. Based on the SC ETV special, it features six of the finest magicians from S.C.

• Close Up and Storytelling Magic, EdVenture Children’s Museum, Saturday, January 14. Featuring local favorite Sarah Straney, and the finest young magicians in our area.

• International Magic Gala Show, Koger Center for the Arts, Saturday, January 14, 8 PM; starring world renown magicienne "Jade", illusionist Jason Michaels, Hiawatha, British magicians Tony Griffith, and Gazzo; jugglers The Fettucini Brothers, sleight of hand magic in the lobby, and more to be announced. (to benefit Palmetto Health Children’s Hospital).

• Magic Day at Edventure Children's Museum, Sunday, January 15, 1-5 PM, featuring magic shows by nationally known kidshow artist Julian Franklin and more, and workshops in magic and balloon sculpting (ages 6 and up).

For tickets, show times, and other information, check our web site at http://www.scamcon.org, or call 803-561-9849.
"Ars longa, vita brevis." (Life is short, the art so long to learn) -Hippocrates
hagemagic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of hagemagic
Bob, you are right, there are discounts for "old folks". I like to say, the mature audience. Also, my head is not flat or pointed, just round and shiny. I do have to wear a hat in this cold weather though. It keeps in the hot air.

John posted some great information about Magic Week in Columbia. It's very exciting to see all the great magic events that will be going on in Columbia in January.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
The last day for pre-registration with the discount is nearly here. As I understand it, New Years is also new fees. It's more money saved for more magic!

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
hagemagic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of hagemagic
Bob, you'll be happy to know that the early registration price has been extended to the day before the convention. Some people did not get their registration forms in the mail, so we extended the discount period. However, all walk-up registrations will be charged at full price.
Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
1604 Posts

Profile of Big Daddy Cool
I'll be there with Jason Michaels, assisting him. I may enter some of the comps just so John Tudor can see the IBM Gold Medal Finals act... Smile Love ya brother!

BDC
We'll catch ya on the Back of the Cereal Box!
Johnny
www.johnnybeyond.com
John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
Thanks BDC!!! I was really hoping you'd be there...and I'm very happy you'll be there with Jason. (you'll like the theater for the public show, it's really the finest in the area).

I'd like for you to see the magic studio I have at my house now too. ( my sister calls it the Institute )

We have a few surprises for SCAM still to be announced, so stay tuned.

There's a short promo video on the website that will wet your appetite, http://www.scamcon.org
(continuing my media experiments!) So, it will be a great time.

Be in touch,

John

"The question is not what you look at, but what you see."
Henry David Thoreau
"Ars longa, vita brevis." (Life is short, the art so long to learn) -Hippocrates
hagemagic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of hagemagic
SCAM is only a week away. Go to http://www.scamcon.org for complete details. See you next week!
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
I love the name of tha. SCAM, you just know theres something wrong with that!
John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
Magicman,
Thanks! We were going to call it Southern Prestidigitators And Magicians, but that was S.P.A.M., and that aconym was already taken. Then we settled on South Carolina United Magicians, but that wasn't any good either. (tho we do have a few of those as well).

MORE SCAM NEWS http://www.scamcon.org
Houdini props:
As part of Magic Weekend, January 13-15, 2006, there will be a display of genuine handcuffs and other items used by the Great Houdini. The cuffs, as well as lock picks, posters, and other memorabilia will be on display at the convention hotel, the Columbia Marriott. They'll also be in the lobby of the Koger Center for the Arts on the evening of Saturday, January 14, for the International Magic Gala Show to benefit Palmetto Health Children’s Hospital.
The legendary escape artist’s props being displayed were won at the $2 million dollar Houdini auction held in Las Vegas in October, 2004 by David Tanner of Myrtle Beach. Tanner’s appearance at the auction was seen in the recent History Channel documentary Houdini: Unlocking the Mystery, hosted by Lance Burton.

Indie film:
To answer the queries, my documentary "Magic Theater:" will be shown at the convention on Friday at midnight (free popcorn!), as well as at the South Carolina State Museum. It's a peek behind the curtain into the making of a magic TV show. If you miss it, the shownings at the Museum are Friday Jan 13, 7:30 pm, Sat Jan 14, 11am & 1 pm, and Sunday Jan 15, and 1:30 pm. Admission is free with convention badge, as well as to Julian Franklin's performances for the public on Sunday (2 & 4pm) at EdVenture Children's Museum. ( both museums are on the same site ).

We hope to see you there!
John Tudor

P.S. If you can't make it, you can hear it! Check out the LIVE broadcast from SCAM ( hosted by Doc Dougherty and Chastain Criswell ) at http://www.magicbroadcast.com/
Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
1604 Posts

Profile of Big Daddy Cool
Oh, the woes of a working performer. I've booked a killer gig for Friday night in Nashville, so I doubt I'm going to make it after all... Which sucks, cause I'll miss seeing some good friends I haven't seen in too long... Hannibal, Joe, Chastain, and John. Dang it. Does Southwest fly into Columbia?

BDC
We'll catch ya on the Back of the Cereal Box!
Johnny
www.johnnybeyond.com
John Tudor
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbia, SC
209 Posts

Profile of John Tudor
BDC,
No I don't think Southwest flies here....
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
880 Posts

Profile of e-man
I was a little dissapointed Gazzo and Daniel Garcia didn't go to Fist-o-Cuffs...
But none the less a great talent line-up I did not leave Jaded.It was fun, But ahh to be back in Good ol Alabamie,I don't like those big Cities.
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » S.C.A.M. 2006 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL