The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » International Magicians Society (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

what
View Profile
Special user
Lehi, UT, USA
643 Posts

Profile of what
Are there any members of the International Magicians Society here? They have a magic course on DVD advertized in MAGIC magazine last month. Is the magic course good? What is its main focus?
Thanx
Magic is fun!!!
rvigon
View Profile
Loyal user
uk
266 Posts

Profile of rvigon
Is that U.K. or U.S. based
"No brilliance is required in magic, just determination and relatively clean fingernails."
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
The IMS is U.S. based, and run by Tony Hassini.
It is a commercial enterprise and not like the IBM or SAM.
From those to whom I have talked too, who have been involved, it's aimed at newcomers to magic.
Timothy
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama, USA
174 Posts

Profile of Timothy
I joined this years ago and promptly forgot about it. I did however, get 2 excellent VHS tapes for joining. They are titled: Mental Magic & The Great Masters Of Magic.

The Masters tape has some exceptional footage of Houdini and other magicians, and the Mental Magic tape is also good, covering some fundamentals of the art, which I do not do.

I also got a nifty Tie-tack too! Smile
Rafa
View Profile
Regular user
Costa Rica
102 Posts

Profile of Rafa
Is there any web site? I live in Costa Rica and I'd like to see something I can join. If you know about it please send me a message!
Thanks.
Ricky B
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
172 Posts

Profile of Ricky B
Here's the link to the website:

http://www.learnmagic.com/

Just remember, Google is your friend. Takes about 10 seconds to type in the name "International Magicians Society" and hit the enter key.

--Rick
nakulshenoy
View Profile
New user
Bangalore, India
91 Posts

Profile of nakulshenoy
Hi Timothy.
Same here. The tie pin is neat too; what? ;-)

Hey Ricky! Google has been my friend too... for nearly four year now.

And dear "Mr What," I would suggest going for select DVDs... Some of them are very good. Rest are mainly targeted at Beginners, like Peter rightly said.

Hope this post does not come too late in the day ;-)
Nakul Shenoy
The Mind Reader
www.nakulshenoy.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » International Magicians Society (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL