The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » "TIVO"ing Magic Specials (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

marcjh
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
139 Posts

Profile of marcjh
I'm not the most technologically adept guy out there; I have been trying in vain to get my TIVO to record magic. There is a way to make a wish list of things magical in nature, but instead of getting Penn and Teller or Mindfreak, I get "The Magic Schoolbus" or "Knitting Magic." Any help.
Jay
View Profile
Elite user
Northern New Jersey
406 Posts

Profile of Jay
I have had some success creating a whole bunch of wishlists using different magical words, such as magic, magical, magician, illusion, trick, tricks, penn, teller, Copperfield, blaine, criss, McBride, etc. Then, from time to time, search the program listings using these wishlists. You are right, in that 90 out of 100 listings for magic are for "The Magic Schoolbus" and other non-magic listings, but you will have some success with this strategy. I have found episodes of Three Stooges, I Love Lucy, Twilight Zone, and others with a magical theme, using this technique.

Hope this helps a little bit!

Best,
Jay
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » "TIVO"ing Magic Specials (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL