The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Association of Family and Kidshow Performers » » Holiday Magic DVD from Kidabra (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DeWayne
View Profile
Veteran user
Greencastle, PA
361 Posts

Profile of DeWayne
Anybody get their Holiday Magic DVD yet? Suppose to start shipping November 15th. Just wondering if any are showing up in mailboxes. We're cutting it pretty close for this year!

http://www.kidabra.org/Holiday.html

Thanks!
DeWayne
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Michael238
Did not get mine yet.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
There is a delay, in about a week from what I read. It is not supposed to come out until Nov.15th, (today's the 19th) so they should be out shortly.
Dennis Michael
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Michael238
Recieved mine today!
Dave Risley's routine is hillariouos!
DeWayne
View Profile
Veteran user
Greencastle, PA
361 Posts

Profile of DeWayne
Got mine today too!
-DeWayne
Magicalpro
View Profile
Regular user
Denver, CO
155 Posts

Profile of Magicalpro
Mine came today too
Kurt "Lee Curtis the Magical Wizard" Flickner
Magic Estate Sale
http://www.MagicEstateSale.com
DeWayne
View Profile
Veteran user
Greencastle, PA
361 Posts

Profile of DeWayne
Well I watched the first DVD (it's a 2 DVD set). Pretty standard fare on the routines. I was expecting much more from the names associated with this DVD.

-DeWayne
Scott Brussen
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Scott Brussen
I have the dvd and I think it is great. Lots of great ideas and a fun tape to watch just for the fun of it. You will definitely get ideas for new tricks from this dvd. If you are still on the fence about buying it, check out David Kaye's kid show column in MAGIC mag for December. I heard he will be featuring a few items from the DVD in print.
Bill Scott
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas, NV
119 Posts

Profile of Bill Scott
Dave Risley's routine is worth the price of the DVD. Yes a little late for this year - so I'll have plenty of time to plan for next year.
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
My dvd finally arrived today (thanks to a postal re-direction).

While most of the material was standard fare, I really did enjoy Dave Risley's material. I gotta get me a Santa! (But then again, I enjoy all of Dave's stuff):)

This was the first time I had seen Barry Mitchell, and was quite pleased with his rainbow and reindeer effects.

While some of the other effects didn't suit my style, there were several that I looked at and thought, "Hmmm, that would enhance this trick that I've got ...".

One disappointment was that I was really hoping to see Dennis Michael performing something. Having read lots of his ideas, I thought I was finally going to see the man in action. How about it Dennis, you have any dvd's of yourself you're willing to sell?

Brian

PS. Did Silly Billy really say something that needed to be bleeped, or was the bleep added for affect? Kinda caught me by surprise. :-0
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Brian,

It's on my to-do list. Yes, I want to video my Birthday Party Show. Just don't be disappointed. If I still did all the things I talked about, my show would be several hours long.
Dennis Michael
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
Quote:
On 2005-12-19 06:23, DenDowhy wrote:
Brian,

It's on my to-do list. Yes, I want to video my Birthday Party Show. Just don't be disappointed. If I still did all the things I talked about, my show would be several hours long.

You could always do a special dvd set:

"DenDowy's Birthday Party Show: The Director's Cut"

"See the extended version, behind the scenes footage, special DenDowhy commentary, never before seen bloopers (the flower that never wilted, the unblooming bouquet, the arm chopper that failed), and much, much more!"

There you have it Dennis. Anything less and the world will be disappointed! Smile

Brian
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

I like your sense of humor and its a great marketing angle!
Dennis Michael
MagicHatofMatt
View Profile
New user
Florida
71 Posts

Profile of MagicHatofMatt
Where can I find more information on the Holiday Magic DVD from Kidabra? It sounds like a great resource not only for kid's shows, but holiday shows in general.
Who Else Wants a CUSTOM Airbrushed Backdrop That'll Turn Your Audience's Heads!?"

http://www.AmazingBackdropCreations.com

Only $697 for a CUSTOM Airbrushed 10' x 10' Backdrop, COMPLETE with Portable Backdrop Stands and a Carrying Bag!
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Check out their DVDs at:
http://www.kidabra.org/Holiday.html

I'm not sure how many are left.

Dennis
Dennis Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Association of Family and Kidshow Performers » » Holiday Magic DVD from Kidabra (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL