The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Sticky Situation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Fandango
View Profile
New user
England
69 Posts

Profile of Fandango
Hi, guys and gals.

I have just got £15 and am seriously considering paying it straight out in exchange for Sticky Situation.

It is available from magicbox and I was wondering what people's opinions were. The effect is:

You take your chewed gum from your mouth and, finding no place to put it, revert it back to stick form with a wipe of your hand. Not content with this, you give it another wipe and it ends up in the original wrapping.

Also are there any other good effects for under £15 that could go down well possibly in schools?

Cheers,
Dave
liam-j-gilbert
View Profile
Regular user
Leeds, England
121 Posts

Profile of liam-j-gilbert
Hi Dave

I have literally just finished one of my regular tours of the magicbox website and have also had a look at sticky situation.

Whilst it sounds like a reasonable impressive impromptu effect I would be tempted to keep it as just that... a simple 'interlude' between other more involved routines. If you hope to use it in this way I would advise looking into it, however if you are hoping to make it a 'big' effect I would consider investing your £15 elsewhere.

When you say you would like it to go down well in schools do you mean in an educational presentation or as a quick impromptu social effect... I think it would work extremely well in the latter situation.

Your magically

Liam-J-Gilbert
www.liamgilbert.co.uk -- for info, booking or queries on Liam Gilbert
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Fandango,

While I don't have this effect myself, I have seen it performed with a comical patter and found it entertaining. I liked it.

As for using it in a school routine I would probably save your cash for something a bit more visual. As a school show tends to have a large crowd and the effect is hard to see if the show was held in the gymnasium. Something very visual would work well in that situation. Visit the Lil Darlings forum to get some ideas from those that do school shows as to what works well in that environment. Good Luck!

Chrystal
eddieloughran
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of eddieloughran
This is not the kind of thing I would use, but, without knowing more about the poster its imposible to say more.
I took his school comments to mean he would show it to his mates at break time, not do a school show ??
How good are you ?
Card packets tricks might be better. Have you the usual beginners book ?
Fandango
View Profile
New user
England
69 Posts

Profile of Fandango
From advice here and on other forums, I have decided instead to buy the Healed And Sealed Soda, thanks to all
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
I have seen the gimmick but the thing is if you want to make it look like you take gum out of your mouth, make it new, rewrap it, and then pass it out, you would need to perform 2 shuttle passes (from mouth to hand and from the gimmicked stick to the real one). Without giving it away, the whole gimmick is in one piece... I don't have it, but Mr. Richards (of elmwoodmagic.com) showed it to me once and told me what to use to build my own (which I have done) I like it but I rarely perform it (only because it doesn't fit with my act). If you were to perform a restored gum trick, I would check out Jay Sankey's Wrap it Up. It is a lot easier and less work...

Derek Merdinyan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Sticky Situation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL