The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Mullica...Cigs & Napkins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Profile of Professor Piper
Hey Gang...

I just watched 90 minutes of pure excellence...

Tom Mullica, in a "The Greater Magic Video Library, Vol. 19" put out by Stevens.

I've seen Tom several times over the years, a bit here, a routine there...This, however, was the most I've ever seen in one go...and I was BLOWN away!

I can't find a single thing to critique negatively...His magic is just that, MAGIC.

In my opinion, he is one of the BEST at misdirection I've ever seen...He OWNS his audience in a way that makes every thing he does flow...

Someone definately to emulate...(Notice I did NOT say copy).

On that subject though, does anyone know if Tom ever put out a video, book, or manuscript that taught his "Cigarettes and Napkins" work?

If you've never seen this particular performance, I highly recommend it...Especially to those, like me, who are new to performing magic...

This video is the example of how it's done as it should be done...Perfectly.

Prof. Piper
:juggle:
"Nemo has been found! He was on an Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster!"
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
As far as I know, Tom never did tip the real work on the napkins and cigarettes, except that he said once, "You really don't want to know how it's done."
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Thanks Bill...

This tells me that he probably really IS eating the silly things...

Dang, but what we will do for show-biz...

Makes eating and breathing fire look tame...

Ashes don't taste good!

Prof. Piper
Pablo Leal
View Profile
Regular user
Chile
187 Posts

Profile of Pablo Leal
Hi Professor Piper,

I've also watched that rutine and I gotta say it's wonderful. The way he makes all his most difficult stuff look natural and undetectable is trully amazing. As you well said, he really is a unique artist for sure.

Cheers

PS: If what Bill says is right about the napkins and cigarretes rutine then I wouldn't want to know the secret either... Smile
"The one that seeks for the truth takes the chance to find it". Isabel Allende

www.magopabloleal.com
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
It is tipped in one of the three volume of expert cigarette magic Tom did. It's in volume 14.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
That's about what I figured.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

stevenamills
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of stevenamills
When we saw Tom at the Tom Foolery, back when the earth was still warm, my wife drew one of the hot seats, so we had a REAL close view. I was as close to Tom as I am to this computer screen and was watching like a hawk - I thought. Right when it looked like his mouth was about to explode, everything was just g-o-n-e.

That and watching Del Ray stack dice and seeing the dice just vanish are probably the two most startling things I've seen in magic.

sam
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

I'm guessing 'Ex-Lax' was a staple at his house then...

I've watched the tape a least a dozen times...Put it in slow motion, freeze-frame, you name it...

That's some incredible stuff.

Tom lives here in Branson...Doing his "Red Skelton" show (which is just as amazing as his Magic)....Maybe I should chat him up....

Who knows, he may tip it to me!!!

(That was a joke, obviously!)

Prof. Piper
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
Quote:
On 2005-11-22 22:21, Bill Palmer wrote:
As far as I know, Tom never did tip the real work on the napkins and cigarettes, except that he said once, "You really don't want to know how it's done."
Actually Bill, he came to the Twin Cities to do a lecture and he did show us at that time how he ditched the cigarettes. It was wonderful timing. I would love to see his Red Skelton act.

Frank Tougas
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Well Frank, if you ever make it down to Branson, let me know...I'll show you around and make sure you see all the quality shows we have here...

Also help you to avoid those that would be a waste of time/money...

That invite goes for anyone from the Café...

So long as I'm in town, that is...

I'll be saying good-bye in a few days...I'm going to be Roofing houses on the Gulf Coast for 3 weeks at a time (work 3, off 1) for the next year or so. There is simply too much money to be made in a short amount of time to turn down. I've been guaranteed $10k a month...For the first few months I'm going to be without an Internet connection.

I'll have to check in and catch up while on my week(s) off....

As we won't have T.V. (we are going to be staying in R.V.s), I'll have plenty of time to work on my Magic at night after work...I'm taking cards, coins (and good books on each), and some juggling gear.

Gonna get back into shape too!

I plan on using the money I'm going to make to finance an attack on full-time performing...Specifically staging the Show that I've been building for quite some time.

Keep some good thoughts going for me...I'm hoping this all works out the way it is supposed to.

Prof. Piper
(Terry)

RizlaDizla
View Profile
New user
Essex UK
34 Posts

Profile of RizlaDizla
Quote:
On 2005-11-22 23:55, Todd Robbins wrote:
It is tipped in one of the three volume of expert cigarette magic Tom did. It's in volume 14.

picked up the pal tapes (very rare) on ebay the other day. very nice. only cost me 30 pound. 10 quid a tape. not bad at all.

cleary the best cig magician ive ever seen. very funny man too
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2005-11-23 15:55, Frank Tougas wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-11-22 22:21, Bill Palmer wrote:
Actually Bill, he came to the Twin Cities to do a lecture and he did show us at that time how he ditched the cigarettes. It was wonderful timing. I would love to see his Red Skelton act.

Frank Tougas

I wish I had seen that. Tom knew what he was doing, that's for sure.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Mullica...Cigs & Napkins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL