The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » Is there a Clown Café? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

calimagician
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of calimagician
Hi all--

I was wondering if I might get a bit of direction--

Where might I find websites, BBSs and web forums (like The Magic Café) that deal with "clowning" - "slapstick" - "physical comedy" - and presenting comedy live.

My real interest is in slapstick or physical comedy like that performed by Keaton, Chaplin, Lloyd, Sennett, Norman and the other greats of the "silent era" (and its' performance).

Any suggestions?

They will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael
mrmystic
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
200 Posts

Profile of mrmystic
There is a clown forum at http://clown-forum.com/ but it doesn't really deal with the issues you are asking about.
Jewls
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan-USA
360 Posts

Profile of Jewls
This is not a forum but a clown group that is very active and helpful http://groups.yahoo.com/group/clownsrus/
Southwest Sam
View Profile
New user
Indiana
59 Posts

Profile of Southwest Sam
Keaton? Chaplin? Lloyd? Well then you might consider the Physical Comedy Yahoo Group at;
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Physical-and-Visual-Comedy
Lots a Great info there.
Now performing as...
-Suitcase Sam
& his Ukulele
Music ~ Comedy ~ Magic
www.facebook.com/SuitcaseSam
calimagician
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of calimagician
Sam

Thank you! This is just what I had been looking for.

Cheers,

Michael

P.S. Where in Indiana are you? I spent my childhood in Portland (Jay county).
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Whew! I though he already knew my name.

Welcome aboard Michael. Learn to play with the search function and there is a lot to find.

"Gag" is an often overlooked word. "Bit" is another.

Good Luck!

Bob Sanders
EZ Pickins (Obviously not related to Slim Pickins)
I came from the "Rounder" side of the family. In some states the warrants may still be out there!
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
calimagician
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of calimagician
Thanks Bob!

Will do. I have used the search function quite a bit for other subjects, but to honest just recently scrolled down and started looking at Clowning. I will apply the "search engine" to this subject.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

All the Best,

M.
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of calimagician
Thanks Freak Prodigy, in fact thanks ALL for your suggestions.

Any other ideas as to where to find websites that deal with the performance of 'slapstick' and/or 'physical comedy' would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

Cheers!
Scruffy the Clown
View Profile
Loyal user
Coldwater,MI
233 Posts

Profile of Scruffy the Clown
Just me chipping in here with a shout out to Sam.
I am one of the moderators of http://www.clown-forum.com. We would love to have some info on physical comedy. Recently(Like a couple of days ago) we've started a balloon forum. Any ideas you might have would be appreciated.
Thanks
Scruffy
calimagician
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of calimagician
Hi Scruffy--

Thanks for "chipping in". I might be able to add a bit on the physical comedy front. I am a motion picture producer/director in the development of a feature length movie set in the late twenties that deals with "silent comedy". I have spent the past several years researching the subject and am always on the lookout for "more info" on the subject.

Thanks for the link to your site.

Please let me know if I can contribute anything to your site, as I am always happy to share what I have learned.

Thanks again.

All the Best,

Michael
Scruffy the Clown
View Profile
Loyal user
Coldwater,MI
233 Posts

Calimagician.
Yes, Please............. with mustard and brown sugar..Er, wait,I mean mustard and axle grease on top!
Any suggestions that you might have are welcome to be added to the sight. Go to the board and join, then you can post. The Princess of Bozonia (Our Webmaster) and myself would be very greatful! We really try to be a one stop recource for clowning. We have been considering doing a animated file on applying makeup and trying to start a basic tutorial on balloon animals. One thing at a time!

Scruffy
Jewls
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan-USA
360 Posts

Profile of Jewls
Hey Scruffy,
I see you are from Michigan too... Have we ever met?
Jewls
Scruffy the Clown
View Profile
Loyal user
Coldwater,MI
233 Posts

Hey Jewls!
I don't believe we have. I returned to clowning a couple years ago after almost a twenty year hiatus. I do a lot of clowning with the Calhoun county Red Cross chapter And moderating the Clown Forum. My Wife Clowns also. We are just starting to do some birthday parties here and there.

Hope our paths cross sometime!

Scruffy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » Is there a Clown Café? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL