The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Snap Silk (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Especially significant to stagemanship is the use of this effect demonstrating "Large movement covers Small movement" and the license it gives for loading. In real estate the key may be "location, location, location" but the key to stage magic is "Move, Move, Move!" Silk is excellent for that.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
Many good ideas here but you can't go wrong by watching Duane Laflin's videos on silks both on the Silk Fountain and Snap Silks
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Snap Silks and Sympathetic Silks are two of the best effects I know for getting a large number (six or more) of silks you will need in your routine introduced and on stage. Color and motion controls audiences!

And as nature has it, it is just too simple for most people to believe how well it works!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
The first time I ever saw the Snap Silks was Duane Laflin at FCM. I immediately bought the DVD and began to practice. However, until I videotaped myself doing it, I didn't realize how effective it looked for me. Our perspective is skewed because we are holding it and can see the bulge, however, on video, it looked absolutely beautiful.

I love this effect.
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
I saw Dick Gustavson do it in Cape cod in the 80's.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Bill Wilson
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Bill Wilson
Quote:
On 2011-04-14 09:39, revmike wrote:
Our perspective is skewed because we are holding it and can see the bulge, however, on video, it looked absolutely beautiful.

I love this effect.

I use six 18 inch silks and have NO bulge but you're right RevMike it does look absolutely beautiful. I performed it last Sunday and despite the fact that it is not (IMO) mind blowing magic it still manages to get OOHs & AAHs. I believe the fairer sex probably likes it most, but of course everyone enjoys it.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I can't believe how popular this trick is becoming again. But I should! Classics are classics for all of the right reasons. Life kept simple, works!

Have at it!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Snap Silk (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL