The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Creative newborn baby-related magic? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brian Turntime
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Brian Turntime
Put on your idea caps, I've got a double dare...

My church group is having a Christmas party next Sunday. They know I'm a magician but I've never had the chance to do a large set for them, just the occasional effect in passing (mostly mentalism). Well, I approached the host to have some set time, about 15-20 minutes, and as we were talking it occurred to me how great it would be to make the show about the new babies in the group. There are 6 new births under 10 months old, one last week, and another couple is closing an adoption this week, abd yet another couple is expecting on Christmas day!!

SO I've been racking my brain for a good routine that would be others-centric. I don't want to just do a series of "Wow, isn't he amazing" tricks (and it is dawning on me how many mentalist effects have that miasma). I think the group would appreciate praise and worship effects, ie ones that glorify God, rather than gospel message tricks. My main goal is to think of creative ways to integrate the plethora of new births this year (including my daughter) into a moment of astonishment for the group.

Yes, I've thought of the sponge bunnies, but I haven't performed that in years...

Any and all ideas welcome and appreciated!

Brian
------

Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died. - Steven Wright
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
I don't think you've enough time to develop a new routine if the show in less than a week away. Especially if this is going to be your debut performance.
Stick to the stuff you have down cold and perhaps dedicate your performance to all the newborns in the congregation. You want to look like a professional and not some hobbyist who's stumbling through and effect he's only practiced a few times.
After all you see these people every week so you want to leave them with a good impression of your performing skills.
But if you must have a new routine perhaps the old rattle bar trick but utilizing baby rattles instead. Basing the patter around sometimes we think were choosing the right path (or Rattle) but the easy or obvious path is not necessarily always the right one.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Creative newborn baby-related magic? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL