The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Forgettful Freddie routine needed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

steves7
View Profile
Regular user
Blue Springs, Missouri
114 Posts

Profile of steves7
I recently purchase Forgetful Freddie on ebay from another magician. However, he provided me with no routine or instructions. Would anyone have the instructions?

Thanks
Steve
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
The standard, bare-bones routine is:

1) Boy loses head (the removable head can be vanished, usually via devil's hank)
2) Balloon is attched in place of head (a comical face can be drawn on)
3) Head magically returns, snapping into place, popping balloon for a "magical appearance."

While it's a pretty simple effect, and relatively entertaining in its most basic presentation, what really makes it work is putting yourself into it with gags, facial expressions, a funny story, and "bits o' business."

I'm kinda curious: why did you buy this if you weren't familiar with the effect, and hadn't thought about a routine?
steves7
View Profile
Regular user
Blue Springs, Missouri
114 Posts

Profile of steves7
I have seen the illusion advertised before and knew several things about it, including; it has been around for quite a while, it is a good children's routine, and the basic retail price. Since I do several children's shows I placed a reasonable bid on ebay and won. It is easy to see how it works, I just was wondering what the suggested patter was. I will probably come up with my own patter to fit the children's show I do... ala... gospel, elementary schools, etc.

Thanks for the help.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Forgettful Freddie routine needed (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL