The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » hey » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

VIO
View Profile
New user
NJ, USA
14 Posts

Profile of VIO
Hey, I'm Jason and I'm 16 and pretty new to magic, only about a year now. I like card magic the best and coins are next. I like magic that is basically gimmick free and is the skill of the person, I'm glad I finally found a magic forum, this is great, hope I can be of use to people.
-vio
Jason the Burger King
ChrisZampese
View Profile
Veteran user
Hamilton, NZ
341 Posts

Profile of ChrisZampese
Welcome Jason,
I Like your approach. Learn the skills, not the gimmicks.

There are some great topics on card and coin magic here, so you should fit right in,

Magically,

Chris.
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are
tglund
View Profile
Regular user
Broomfield, CO, USA
115 Posts

Profile of tglund
Welcome to the Café Jason.

You will find the patrons here friendly and ready to lend a hand. There is lots of good advice to be learned on cards, coins and maybe some posts to interest you in other areas of magic as well.

Enjoy your time here at the Café.

Smile
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Jason Smile Smile Smile
I have students at your age and your approach is the one I try to convey to them. It must be the magic of the person not the props to be appreciated. You are on the right way... Please do not hesitate to ask anything, there is often somebody who can answer. Have a cup of Turkish coffee with milk on my bill.

Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
Tommy1324
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
104 Posts

Profile of Tommy1324
Jason welcome to the Magic Café. Enjoy your time here.
Tommy1324
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Welcome Jason! You will find a treasure trove of information here if you dig for it. There is a ton of great folk here that are very open and sharing. I look forward to your posts.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
negrette
View Profile
Regular user
Washington, DC
178 Posts

Profile of negrette
Welcome to the Magic Café Jason. We share something in common, and not just our names. Your approach to magic is exactly how I feel... or at least felt, when I started out. The deeper I get into my magical studies, the more I realize that not all gimmicks should necessarily be written off.

There are some amazing tricks out there that do utilize gimmicks. Of course there are some amazing tricks out there that don't. Basically, I agree, learn the sleights and get them down. But as for gimmicks, take that on a trick by trick basis. If you really love the trick and find out it uses a gimmick, then you should still practice and perform it. Using a gimmick properly can take as much skill as doing a sleight properly, especially to hide the gimmick.

Anyway, welcome to the Café. You could not have come to a better resource or collection of knowledgeable minds in the art of magic.
Mallusionist definition of the Simple force: The cards are fanned and if the spectator tries to take the wrong card, the magician holds onto the deck really, really tight.
http://www.mallusionist.com
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Welcome Jason. This is a great place to visit. I'm sure you'll make a lot of new friends while you browse through the menu.

Dave
Where the magic begins
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Welcome aboard, Jason.
You certainly have it right: Learn the sleights, rather than the gimmicks, and that gives you an arsenal of magic that can never be lost.
Smile
hawkbird
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of hawkbird
Welcome Jason, I agree with Tora. You can create magic without gimmicks, even without props! but presentation is the essence that instills in the memory.

Try one of momma's donuts and green tea on me! Smile
JSHEDDY
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of JSHEDDY
Hey whats up Jason. Its nice to have you on board, welcome to the Café. I look forward to seeing your posts. I just started magic too and am also 16. welcome again Smile

Justin
"Few people realize that even a simple trick in the hands of a capable performer can become a minor miracle."
- Dai Vernon
VIO
View Profile
New user
NJ, USA
14 Posts

Profile of VIO
Wow, thanks for the welcome everyone. This forum is a lot different from most computer game forums which consist mostly of $@#% you!@$#%@ NEWBIE %(#I%@!

Thanks again for the welcome.
-vio
Jason the Burger King
Rod Lages
View Profile
Loyal user
Brasilia, Brazil
250 Posts

Profile of Rod Lages
Welcome to The Magic Café! Looking forward to your posts!

Cheers,
Rod Lages Smile
"Confusion isn't Magic" - Dai Vernon
BlakeBlair
View Profile
Regular user
Sunny So. California
111 Posts

Profile of BlakeBlair
Welcome to The Magic Café! Looking forward to your posts. I'm sure you'll have a great time here. Please feel free to ask if you have any questions..

Blake Blair Smile
FuFanu.. Two Cards Torn & Restored...

Are You Ready ?! Its here !!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » hey » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL