The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » How are you using 4"x3' streamers? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
The demand for the 4" x 3 ft. streamer is back up again. Someone somewhere must be making them popular. And advantage of that size is that it is the same volume as a 12" square but looks larger.

How are you using them? Dye tube? (Mine is the new slimmer you! It changes the 12" square to streamer. Great for short guys like me!)

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
945 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
Bob,

As you know I have slighter longer streamer that is striped Black/White and is used with one Black Glove and one White Glove. Removing the gloves they change into the Streamer.

I have also changed Pavol's Zebra Silk routine so that the streamer is the blendo rather than the Zebra silk.

I feel that silks are totally underused by the average performer.

James Adamson
http://www.seam2006.com
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
I couldn't agree with you more, James. And I know Bob feels the same way.

Jimmy
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Marvin Roy (who used to do a 100% silk act) says today's magicians are too lazy to do silks. It does take some work as does feather flowers but it is tough to beat for lay audiences.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Absolutely nothing is more colorful than silks and feather flowers. Nothing fills the stage better.

James has "zinged" me with his glove routine before. He's really good for a guy that can't say "roll tide". (We've got to find a route to Atlanta that doesn't go by Auburn!) Fortunately, he does road time with me anyway.

Someday I'm going to sneak in and see Jimmy Joza's act. His silks end up in inventions!

With all those feathers, I have never see Richard eating chicken! We'll have to take him hostage and make him do us art silks for us.

This old guy is going to have to get with it and use more streamers.

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Boy Richard you have hit the nail of the head. Can you imagine someone doing the Ade Duvall routine nowadays?

I do a short silk routine in my manipulation act and it takes about an hour to set up the silks alone. Richard is right you can hear the audience reactions as the silks are being produced.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2005-12-17 22:30, Darkwing wrote:
Boy Richard you have hit the nail of the head. Can you imagine someone doing the Ade Duvall routine nowadays?

I do a short silk routine in my manipulation act and it takes about an hour to set up the silks alone. Richard is right you can hear the audience reactions as the silks are being produced.

That is the sound that it is all about! It keeps you going back and proud that you can do it for them.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I predict that within 5 years, someone will be doing the Ade Duval type act. It is coming back.

I am working on my third production show this year. It is making a comeback.

There is hope for us old guys who like the flashy stuff.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
Hey, Richard, I hope so, too. I like the flashy stuff myself.

Jimmy
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » How are you using 4"x3' streamers? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL