The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Gene Anderson News tear routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Michael238
Here is my routine for the news tear.
I talk about Job, ans how he was a blessed man, etc. I do this as I am showing the pages of the newpaper.
Then for each tear, I talk about one of the things that happened to Job.
To restore it, I then talk about how Job did not get mad at God, did not stop serving Him, and had faith. On the retore I then start to show pages once again and talk about how God blessed Job again, after his trial.

Any thought on improving this?
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I like the concept. Very visual and the effect reinforces the message.

I think you could probably take as much time as you think your audience would still pay attention to, as you elaborated on Job's hardships, and really nail down the point about when Job is answered by God, and then restored him.

I am not sure where this might fit in, but I always liked the tear where a small piece falls as you are completing the tear, and then the restoration is missing that piece. But then again, it might not add much to the message, and the first thing, is to keep the first thing, first.

Once you flesh it all out, you should have a lot of good Theology to call upon and a very memorable message.

Well Done!

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
I saw Robert Hill in a lecture at our local FCM meeting in Nashville and he used the same concept of a newspaper and Job but he used Clippo. He wrote God at the top of the newspaper strip and Job at the bottom. He went on to tell about Job and what God took away from Job. Each time he clipped a piece of the paper. Robert even did the diagonal cut and talked about Job being flat on his back. Then Robert pointed out that the more things God took away the closer Job got to God. I thought it was one of the best routine about Job I have ever seen. I think you can get the lecture notes from Steve Varro @ Doc Haley Gospel Magic, just give him a call or go to the website http://www.gospelmagic.com. I recommend you buy the lecture notes since the Rev. Hill is a missionary to Greece and it would be the right thing to do since it is his routine.
Mtripp
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of Mtripp
I think Magic Inc. still sells the late Karrell Fox's "Final Edition" newspaper tear.

If you do a lot of shows, I'd look into that. Easy to make and do, and you can hand out the newspaper at the end.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Gene Anderson News tear routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL