The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Stuff my stocking -- please! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Hey gang, can someone lend me a hand?

I need to get my hands on the vanishing 'whatever' in a paper bag gaff.

I've got the cash (I know these things are not cheap), and I've got an address it can be shipped to here in Europe. What I don't have is a credit card, so I've been banging my head for weeks trying to get my hands on this thing. It seems the European shops (which are few and far between as it is) don't stock it, and won't order just one piece.

It can be a beer bottle, mustard or ketchup bottle -- 'whatever' -- (Although I am leaning towards the mustard bottle.) But I'd prefer it to be new, and one of the better quality models available. I'll pay. And the label should be part of the bottle, not a glued-on paper label.

Any takers? I could really use the help.

Thanks in advance,
Chance
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
All I see I can get is the empty coke bottle version. I think ketchup is the best.
you might email steve at http://www.grandillusions.com
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
D Byrd
View Profile
Loyal user
Virginia
229 Posts

Profile of D Byrd
If you are going to order one you might as well go to the source.

http://www.nnmagic.com/magicitems/vanishingbottlespage.htm

Hope Norm can help you out.
Doug
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Frank, Doug, did you even read my message? I need help from a third party; someone who is willing to buy the thing for me and ship is to me here in Europe. A google search (which I have done already) would have given me the shop addresses, but without a credit card that's really no help in the end. And I don't feel it's appropriate to contact a shop with a favor like this.

Are either one of you able to help out the way it was put in the original message?

Chance
Posted: Dec 18, 2005 1:51pm
86 views and not so much as a single PM? I guess I'm not the only guy here with no credit card.

Happy holidays everyone!
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Hay Chance
I have sent you a PM, consider it done.
Mario
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Mario, I've replied to your private email address (not your PM box here.)

Thanks a bunch!

Chance

Posted: Dec 21, 2005 1:31pm
Heartfelt THANKS goes out to both Mario and Arkadia for offering to help out with this problem of mine.

To the rest of you guys: Thanks -- for nothing.

Happy Holidays.

Chance
honus
View Profile
Veteran user
354 Posts

Profile of honus
Both Grand Illusions (cited by Frank) and Nielsen's (cited by Doug) allow you to send in a check or money order. Nielsen's even lets you order COD.

I would suggest being nicer to people who try to help you out. I understand it wasn't exactly what you wanted, but they tried.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Honus
I noticed the wink in his eye.
Happy Christmas
Mario
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Stuff my stocking -- please! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL