The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Andrew Normansell 100% Commercial - Close Up (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magicman101uk
View Profile
Regular user
Nuneaton, UK
146 Posts

Profile of Magicman101uk
Hi all

Okay this is my very first review for the Café! I'll review the other DVD's later when I've had chance to watch them fully!

I have to say that I think all of the material on this DVD is completely useable. Very few gimmiicks are used on the whole DVD, and its always something every magician will have. I was kind of struck back at first with the simplicity of some of the effects, but this is completely workable magic for lay people. Okay here's a review of the effects :

Random Revelation - A super fast, super slick, mind boggling production of four of a kind from a shuffled deck! This will blow you away! (Can also be used as a revelation of four selected cards!)

A very quick and easy revelation of four of a kind. Nothing difficult here but looks very flash! 7/10

Twisting Dai Vernon - A contemporary take on the classic "Twisting the Aces" but with an even bigger twist! All of the cards instantly turn face up for the climax! Many convincers and subtleties have been incorporated into this routine that elevates it into the miracle class!

I personally love this ending for twisting the aces. Its a great finish with no real difficult moves (think Asher Twist where one turns face down, all turn face down). Great stuff - 8/10

Subtle Speller - A superb routine that allows you to spell to all four Aces with a borrowed deck! No difficult sleights! A real fooler!

I have the manuscript that this was originally published in, and it really helps to see it performed. A good effect that again is simple to do. 7/10

Packet Classic - A logical follow up to the Ambitious Card trick with a magnificent kicker ending to the classic that will leave them totally astounded.

A different ending to the ambitious card that I will use instead of bending a card and making it rise to the top. Its basically ambitious card to pocket. Very good idea! 8/10

Strange Interchange - A devilish deception! Four signed selections change places visibly and instantly with the four Jokers. The four signed selections are then revealed from four different pockets! An incredibly easy method for this classic effect!

Very simple, very easy. Does what it says on the label! 8/10

Masquerade 2 - A spectator finds their own selected card and then unbelievably, all the cards turn into duplicates of the selection. Then the cards all turn into Kings! An eye-popping effect!

A very visual effect that is easy to do. A very good routine for table hopping. 8/10

Forced Option - A clean cut, to the point, off-beat version of the "Spectator finds the Aces" plot.

I absolutely LOVE this! So simple and amazingly effective. I've had this for a few years in one of Andrews manuscripts and it really does pack a punch. 9/10

Drop Out - A very unusual comedy effect where all of the ink VISIBLY falls off of a deck, leaving it completely blank! A perfect closer for close up or stand up performances.

More of a gag than an illusion using a gimmicked deck which most magicians own. 6/10

Jazzing - A fantastic, no fakes, Macdonald's $100 Aces routine for the 21st Century! Completely impromptu! Any deck! All four Aces vanish, one by one…pure Magic!

I've always liked McDonalds Aces but its not always possible to perform with a borrowed deck. Looking forward to trying this out. A fantastic idea! 8/10

Jumping Jack Flash - A flashy looking Jack sandwich effect with a whole lot of surprises! Three selected cards vanish from between the Jacks and reappear back in the deck. The final card then reappears in the performer's pocket!

The sandwich effect in this routine is very decpetive and looks very slick and clean. Its also got the kicker ending of their card re-appearing in your pocket! 8/10

Quicksilver - A borrowed coin vanishes from the performer's fingertips, only to reappear halfway through the deck next to a previously signed selection! A real crowd pleaser packed with Magic!

This is extremely similar to a trick which I cant remember the name of on Jay Sankeys Revolutionary Card Magic with a button. Good effect but certainly not the best on the DVD. 6/10

Double Barrel - A cunning revelation of two selected cards. Two selections are shuffled back into the pack, yet the performer is instantly able to name each one! A mental miracle!

A very simple idea of finding two freely chosen cards from the deck. I kicked myself when I found out the method. Unbelievably easy but packs a punch. I'll definately use this in future. 9/10

Three & Easy - The classic cards to pocket, superbly streamlined with a specially designed card to wallet ending suited for cocktail parties and walk around reception performances. No fuss! Perform surrounded! You will use this one at your next performance!

Once again, a very nice effect that's not that difficult to do. Exactly as the effect is described! 8/10

A very worthwile purchase! I really enjoyed watching the DVD, and found Andrew's performance to be very streamlined and funny. This is just nice, clean simple effects that I think will work wonders on lay people.

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Paul
Anyone here believe in psycho-kinesis? Raise my hand!

www.paul-humphreys.com
zgecko
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of zgecko
Paul,

Thank you. An excellent commentary! I eagerly await your review of the mentalism DVD in the series.

Tom
Sheba
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Sheba
Andrew Normansell has just released a new trick 'Trick Cyclist'.
See AndrewNormansell.com

Click here to view attached image.
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
Thanks for the review, I was really hoping someone bought these videos and reviewed them, I await the comedy DVD with much anticipation.
Thanks again!
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
Oops, just noticed this was posted in December, well if your still around I'd still like to hear it.
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
Magicman101uk
View Profile
Regular user
Nuneaton, UK
146 Posts

Profile of Magicman101uk
Yeah I'm still around, just got very side tracked and never managed to post a review! Will hopefully do so in the next few days as now on school holidays Smile

Cheers

Paul
Anyone here believe in psycho-kinesis? Raise my hand!

www.paul-humphreys.com
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
*The* worst three magic DVDs I've ever seen. And I had a library of 400 magic DVDs at one point.

Good work Andrew!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Andrew Normansell 100% Commercial - Close Up (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL