The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » My laptop broke! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

scheda
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
287 Posts

Profile of scheda
It just went kaput yesterday... I'm very very sad now. It was my baby... Filled with stickers, and all of my personal stuff... most of which I lucklily moved over to my girlfriends computer as a backup a few weeks ago *whew*

So I'm thinking of getting a powerbook but GOODNESS they are expensive. But I want an apple. I want one a lot. Does anyone have any reasons why I should go with an iBook instead of a Powerbook?
Coming soon... Who knows!
Diavo
View Profile
Veteran user
The District
357 Posts

Profile of Diavo
Filled with stickers? Hopefully not magnets... :-/
I'm not just a magician, I'm an interpreter of Reality.
Underground, above ground, whatever. I don't need a label, thanks.
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Ya, haha. How old are you scheda? In your picture you look very young. Anyway, I want a laptop myself. But Im gonna need a lot more bookings to get that. Im doing good this month tho. As usual, it is the holiday season. 3 in two weeks, two of them were in one day! I also have a few shows for a hospital soon. And Im going to try a resturaunt. Anyway, good luck with your laptop.
scheda
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
287 Posts

Profile of scheda
Yeah, I loaded the cover and inside with stickers that I liked. No magnets though... Smarter than that Smile

Magicman, I'm 20, well... will be in 4 days (the 26th, yay!) I've always looked young. I haven't done anything professional in a while. Never went full time doing performances either. I just did a gig here and there, I'm wanting to break into stage hypnotism some so I have been focusing on finding the training for that lately on my time off of work. I work in a restaurant back in the kitchen, so I might be able to talk the managers there to let me play with the guests on busy nights when I have time. The restaurant I work at is very good about letting people do that sort of thing. About a year ago they had a host who could play the harmonica, and since the restaurant and everything was based on blues music, he fit right in and played his harmonica to the guests that were waiting. That got a really good response from everyone. I am the new guy there so after a while I am going to check and see if they will let me perform some nights.

I'm working two jobs right now, one of them is just to help them out cause it's busy season at the place I used to be full time at, so I think I should be able to get the money for the laptop soon enough.
icicular
View Profile
New user
USA
75 Posts

Profile of icicular
Scheda....unless you are doing hardline video compositing or audio editing, you really don't *need* a Powerbook.

Ibooks are fine, but you should wait until they unveil the new ones in a few weeks.

Good Luck
A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B. - Fats Domino
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
Things always seem to break at christmas!

What do you need a portable computer for? List your requirments and buy a computer that fills those needs.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
scheda
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
287 Posts

Profile of scheda
I do plan on doing a lot of video editing, so I want something good. I didn't know that they had new ones coming out... guess I should pay attention, haha.

Bascially what I need:

Something I can take to class with me
Something with a big enough harddrive to hold a lot of video
Something that I can compile video with that isn't going to take hours i.e. something fast.
icicular
View Profile
New user
USA
75 Posts

Profile of icicular
If you're going for a video editing machine, go for the 15 inch Powerbook, but keep an eye on this page for new releases...

http://www.macrumors.com
A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B. - Fats Domino
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » My laptop broke! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL