The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » How old is too old? (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Forza Azzurri
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Forza Azzurri
Definitely not insulting. The whole drooling comment is meant as self deprecating. So definitely kidding by all of us. Except for those kids on my lawn. They most DEFINITELLY have to get off my lawn.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
At 76 I am still trying to find the time to sort through all the magic effect I have collected or made.
I might even perform again despite arthritis and mobility problems.

But each year I have less time. Why? Because I can't hire anybody reliable to do work for me.
Either they don't show up on time or won't follow instructions - all the time wanting far too much money for doing little and knowing less.
So, I have to do things myself. Just finished a 200sqft deck - holes, concrete, posts, joists, deck boards - everything. Railing too.
And I had to load the lumber myself at the Home Depot.

No time for magic at my age.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Tmbrunk225
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Tmbrunk225
I retired from teaching. I'm 65. I had an interest as a teen. I'm full-on studying magic now. Hobby. Passion. Books. Books. Books. So much to learn. Tested some tricks on family and kids with good results. Never too old! NEVER too old!
Forza Azzurri
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Forza Azzurri
On last night's Penn & Teller's FOOL US (Friday, April 23, 2021) 70 year old magician Chris Capehart performed. Not too old to fool Penn & Teller! Though, for the specific performance, I wasn't blown away. That DOES happen on the show since performers perform for such a limited time and in that specific environment which isn't the best for all types of magic. I think sometimes they don't choose their best routine for TV.

Note also that Penn is 66 years old and Teller is 73 years old. Magicians age well.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
Note also that Penn is 66 years old and Teller is 73 years old. Magicians age well.

It's a fairly well established factoid that magic keeps you young. It also keeps you spry when you're old
Smile
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Aintnothingbutachickenwing
View Profile
New user
Dublin Ireland
20 Posts

Profile of Aintnothingbutachickenwing
Teller is 73!? 🤯
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » How old is too old? (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL