The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Best Levitation for 11 Year Old Little Girl? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
czero
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC
282 Posts

Profile of czero
Quote:
On 2006-01-05 09:10, entity wrote:
A seasoned perfomer will create a logical disconnect in the audience, a temporary suspension of disbelief, through his presentation and bearing.

The audience WANTS to see the impossible. They just won't buy it from a young child. While there are child stars in acting, music, etc., how many child stars of Magic are there?

- entity

How many stars of magic, period, are there? I can count on one hand the number of magicians famous enough to have become household names: Houdini, Doug Henning, David Copperfield, David Blaine...

Look at that. I still have a finger left to spare. I guess I can count Kreskin then, even though he's not a "magician," per se.

I'd say a superstar child magician could be the Next Big Thing--in magic and entertainment in general. Smile

--mike
czero
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC
282 Posts

Profile of czero
Way to screw up the quote function, eh? Mods? Can you help me fix the above post? (And edit out this one)...
mantix
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of mantix
Well my opinion after reading through many threads in this forum is that Entity comes across as arrogant and condescending. He may be a nice guy in real life, but it sure doesn't show here. Offering opinions based on experience is one thing-- belittling others for disagreeing is another.

I also think that a child who can pull off a levitation with a straight face is much more impressive than an adult. We've all seen movies where kids have supernatural powers, so it's not that hard to suspend our disbelief.

If the child and the audience enjoy the experience, that's all that matters.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Best Levitation for 11 Year Old Little Girl? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL