The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » If I released a new and improved "Just Think" would you buy it? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
Has anyone thought to make a foolproof version of this very poorly made trick? I know this effect is as old as the hills and you can always prepare a homemade version, but that didn't stop somebody from releasing "just think." So I'm curious why nobody's remade this very sweet use of carbon into something that actually works.

If I released a special bicycle card case with an extremely thin backing (the problem with Just Think was that it was a standard thickness card case) and included easy to change carbons, would you buy it?
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Occams Razor
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Occams Razor
Hate to tell you this but it's already been done and already been released. It's called "Private Property" by Jay Sankey.

Occam
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
I would. Well as long as the price was right. I make my own but it is annoying.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Quote:
On 2005-12-30 12:42, Occams Razor wrote:
Hate to tell you this but it's already been done and already been released. It's called "Private Property" by Jay Sankey.

Occam

Oh ya I remember reading about that about a year ago. Is the carbon easy to change?
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
Leave it Sankey to release, rerelease, rererelease. *** him.

Posted: Dec 30, 2005 1:10pm
---------------------------------------------
So is Sankey's version any good? My biggest concern- is the back wall of the case super thin? If it's not, it will not work.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Occams Razor
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Occams Razor
Let's just say the gimmick is "paper" thin. It works like a charm and looks very good. I've used it several times and never once been caught or called on it. It's easy to set up and easy to replace. And the carbon couldn't be easier to change. John Riggs also makes a gimmick that allows you to do the same routine without a case, just a deck of cards. Works like a charm too.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2005-12-30 13:10, Platt wrote:
So is Sankey's version any good? My biggest concern- is the back wall of the case super thin? If it's not, it will not work.

Sankey's version is the best I have ever seen. Takes a really good impression if you use good quality carbon paper [come on spend the extra .50]

The back wall of the case is no concern at all.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » If I released a new and improved "Just Think" would you buy it? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL