The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » TIM HORTONS (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Im not sure if this is the right place to put it but.. I will be performing a show at tim hortons campday 2006 . I was wondering is there anyting I can do to customize this show?
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Maybe you could explain what the venue is, who your audience is and how long you will be performing.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
John,

I will be performing for an hour.... the venue as under a tent in the parking lot of tim hortons for camp day and they are expecting around 150-200 ppl
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Ok. Just a bit more info, please. You'll be in a tent in a donut shop parking lot on the day that they raise funds for their kids camp program, right? Are you on a stage, or are you walking around? Will there be other entertainers there? I'm still not sure of what you are expected to do.

Also, what sort of performance have you prepared so far?

John

PS I'm not sure I'll have anything useful to say about what you should do, but I figure that anyone who can help will need more specific information about your venue.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
For those of you who are not familiar with Tim Horton's, this is Canada's biggest coffee house franchise. It's Canada's equivalent to Starbuck's. I'm not familiar with what "Camp Day" is but it sounds like a family style event.

A parking lot style tent will not likely fit 150 - 200 people. Chances are, you might have 20 to 30 people at a time, with people coming and going during the course of the hour. Also, with this type of tent, your back angle will be protected but your side angles may be exposed.

Given this situation, you may want to consider a structured close up show. This will allow you the benefit of a table to store your props without taking up too much performing area within the tent (after all, you are there to entertain as many people as possible).

As for the structuring of your show, you need to decide whether to do one full hour of non-stop, non-repeating close up magic; or to do 2 or 3 mini-sets of magic. Personally, I would prefer the latter since this will allow for more effective routining and it will allow for opportunities to rotate your audience. So, using this approach, you will need about 3 fifteen minute sets of close-up or mini-parlor magic.

I'm sorry that I'm not able to assist you more at this time since I don't know what effects you have or how long you have to perfect the sets. Thanks.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
I am doing a 1 hr. stage show.. my sides are protected aswell as the rear.. this tent is extreamly big and so is the parking lot.. camp day is a day where they raise money to send less fortunate kids to camp all around canada
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
In that case, what stage effects do you currently own that will play to 150 - 200 people? That may be a good starting point.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
Ring on the string with a doughnut/bagel, instead of a cake baking routine do a doughnut baking routine, inexhaustable coffee cup, Foo Can coffee cup, Fogel's "Bewitched, Bottled and Bewildered with dougnuts, signed card in doughnut, Bensen Bowl routine (it's finish is perfect for a Tim's). Do any of those work for you?

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Thank you paul I'm sure some of your suggestions will come in handy!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » TIM HORTONS (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL