The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » David Copperfield Super Bowl prediction (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicman02
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of magicman02
Couple years ago Copperfield did a Super Bowl prediction in Tampa for Super Bowl 34 with the Ravens against the Giants. I was wondering if anyone remembers this and can tell me what method he used, as I recall he used a cassette prediction, am I right?
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
I did not see his prediction. I am just wondering if he used a box? In his live show he does a prediction using a box that is hanging in full view the entire show. The box costs somewhere around 1,6000 dollars (if I remember right). I am fairly sure a few years ago Penn and Teller did a Super Bowl prediction using a similar method.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
In 1970 Sam Giancanna did a prediction to for the super bowl.

NO box nothing, and wow he was right!

Posted: Jan 4, 2006 4:56pm
The part I always find interesting about "prediction" effects is they never involve just SAYING IT!

it is always some contrived nonsense of a box, cassette,envelopes, or some other silly stuff.

Write it down in full view, keep it in full view and see if your right if it was a prediction. When it is done otherwise no matter HOW you dress it up it loses something to the linear thinkers in the audience like me.

This is how you would do it if you REALLY could predict things. I guess it is what slows many mentalism effects.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » David Copperfield Super Bowl prediction (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL